BATTALIA: The Stormgates» Forums » General

Subject: Battalia: The Expansion questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Boberson

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the base game is great and all of the new components and additional factions sound fantastic! A few of questions:

1. How long does the 6 player game last on average?
2. Are there any new variations (on top of team based play and the included heroic mode)?
3. Can we advance the calendar to 2017 after I have spent all my money on this kickstarter and it has already arrived at my house?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandar Guerov
Bulgaria
Sofia
Sofia-city
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi Bob,

and thanks for your time and your questions . Here the quick answers:

1. It really depends on the players, I have already experienced (it was last weekend) a 6 player game which ended at the first day of third week - so it means only 2 whole weeks playtime or with other words under 2 hours with 6 players, time for set up, warming up phase and so on.... But this is the rare case, mostly a 6 player game lasts 3 to 4 hours (if Metamorpha is on the table, always definitely quicker). The whole game will be not necessary a very short one in the total duration, but through the team-play it is very dynamic, since your downtime is shorten dramatically and you do not feel how the time goes by.... And the good thing is, that you can use the 2 new factions in the basic game too, with only 2, 3 or 4 players and enrich your game experience through some new strategies, if you combine the factions with the new NPCs (there are faction specific elements integrated and Hero sheets are also prepared on our SG list)....

2. A plenty of them .... Tons! Meanwhile I cannot count all possible variations, if you include all the miniatures and bonus material from the SG list...Of course we have to unlock them, but even only with the expansion inbox NPCs the game is totally different and has a bunch of new possibilities. And when you look later at the stretch goals, you will realize, that they are sooo many - about 16 types of new NPCs only as miniatures - and most important thing is that they are totally DIFFERENT from each other, not like in many other games, where the next SG miniature just repeats the functionality of the previous with a small facelift.. The VARIETY of combinations and possible game scenarios is nearly endless - so this means of course great replayability in different groups with different tastes, with or without team-play (semi-cooperative or strictly competitive) and definitely with the option to regulate the playtime and the depth of the scenario through including or not some NPCs.... and the game becomes more and more adventurous through the new elements, not only pure deckbuilding and area control...

3. ... Unfortunately this is out of our scope, but I wish too to be ready quicker and we will do our best - promised! But we won't do any compromises with the quality or anything else and please note that this is a project of a very big scale, so it will take time for production and fulfillment...

See you soon on the campaign Bob and you know - just spread the word!
Greetings, Alex!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alex, I assume much will be come clearer once the campaign is underway, but can you comment on if the expansion NPCs / scenarios will also enhance the 2 player experience ?

We find ourselves after a handful of plays tending to repeat the same strategies, and I was contemplating trying to introduce an automa mechanism to force us into new ways to approach the game.

The info I've seen so far seems to highlight the 6p and team experience, will some of these additions also enhance the 2p game?

Thanks for any info. Excited to see the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Boberson

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BelFir wrote:
Hi Bob,

and thanks for your time and your questions . Here the quick answers:

1. It really depends on the players, I have already experienced (it was last weekend) a 6 player game which ended at the first day of third week - so it means only 2 whole weeks playtime or with other words under 2 hours with 6 players, time for set up, warming up phase and so on.... But this is the rare case, mostly a 6 player game lasts 3 to 4 hours (if Metamorpha is on the table, always definitely quicker). The whole game will be not necessary a very short one in the total duration, but through the team-play it is very dynamic, since your downtime is shorten dramatically and you do not feel how the time goes by.... And the good thing is, that you can use the 2 new factions in the basic game too, with only 2, 3 or 4 players and enrich your game experience through some new strategies, if you combine the factions with the new NPCs (there are faction specific elements integrated and Hero sheets are also prepared on our SG list)....

2. A plenty of them .... Tons! Meanwhile I cannot count all possible variations, if you include all the miniatures and bonus material from the SG list...Of course we have to unlock them, but even only with the expansion inbox NPCs the game is totally different and has a bunch of new possibilities. And when you look later at the stretch goals, you will realize, that they are sooo many - about 16 types of new NPCs only as miniatures - and most important thing is that they are totally DIFFERENT from each other, not like in many other games, where the next SG miniature just repeats the functionality of the previous with a small facelift.. The VARIETY of combinations and possible game scenarios is nearly endless - so this means of course great replayability in different groups with different tastes, with or without team-play (semi-cooperative or strictly competitive) and definitely with the option to regulate the playtime and the depth of the scenario through including or not some NPCs.... and the game becomes more and more adventurous through the new elements, not only pure deckbuilding and area control...

3. ... Unfortunately this is out of our scope, but I wish too to be ready quicker and we will do our best - promised! But we won't do any compromises with the quality or anything else and please note that this is a project of a very big scale, so it will take time for production and fulfillment...

See you soon on the campaign Bob and you know - just spread the word!
Greetings, Alex!

Thanks for all the responses. I will certainly spread the word. I have already backed and hope that we hit all of the stretch goal milestones!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.