$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
29.9% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » General

Subject: I want back in! Anyone want to trade Memoir '44 stuff for C&C:Ancients? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
Four more years! #Cespedes #LGM
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this post is out of place. If so, I'll delete. But, you all have what I'm looking for...

Some time back I got out of M44 and committed to Commands & Colors: Ancients. Now my punk wonderful kids are saying they'd "rather play the one with the tanks and army men."

shake angry cry

Just thought I'd throw it out there that if anyone (in the U.S.) is interested in swapping one C&C system game for the other, drop me a geekmail and let's have a chat. I have the CC:A base game, expansions 1-3 (and possibly a bit of $$) in lovely, woefully underplayed condition (well, the $$ has probably been used). I'd be interested in the base M44 plus expansions, or a bunch of expansions and I'll go out and buy the base game.

Another possibility is to exchange my M44 kids for your C&C:Ancient kids. The kids are in very good condition, with only minor wear and good grades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esirof wrote:

Another possibility is to exchange my M44 kids for your C&C:Ancient kids. The kids are in very good condition, with only minor wear and good grades.

Thumb for that!

I may have the opposite problem happening. One of my kids is becoming a Conflict of Heroes kids
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I want some C&C:Ancients expansions...but you can't have my M44 stuff...or my kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
substandardtim wrote:
I want some C&C:Ancients expansions...but you can't have my M44 stuff...or my kids.

Ditto, I want it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL! Great opening post! I got out of M44 about a year after it came out, then, several years later got back in, and I have never regretted the decision to get back in! Good Luck to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Axford
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GM inbound. I've been trying to win a C&C:A via auction and it's not working. I have 2 M44 base sets (one with Overlord) that I may be willing to part with. Hesitant on the expansions, til I see if my son likes it any better than M44 (which is like pulling teeth!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh well. I bought my way back in, so I guess I'm keeping both systems for now. shake

Overlord, here we come!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how old your kids are, but a surefire way to drive my kid away from Memoir is "making" him play overlord. Your experience may be different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the wsrning. The move back to M44 is their idea, not mine, although I'm happy to support and enable. They are old enough to read up on things and decide for themselves what sounds like fun. I long ago learned not to force feed my kids my ideas of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Axford
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the Dad of one of my son's friends together and then the 5 of us did an Overlord battle. Made a day of it with Cheetos, pizza, sugary snack overload. Great day...and they actually learned something.

Next week I'll try rolling out the ASL for my 7 year old
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.