Popular Tags: [View All]
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I have a couple related questions about government train operation.

1) Do I have to completely finish adding cubes BEFORE I replace two cubes with a govt. base? Or can I add a base and then add cubes at the province where I just added the base?

2) Now, assume I have chosen Op + special activity: Can I transport before and/or during the Train operation?

Example: Train troops in a city, transport three of them to a neighboring province, then trade two of the transported troops for 1 base.

If I CAN do what I suggested in 1 above (i.e. create a base before adding cubes) then you could do some pretty crazy combos here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes. 3.2.1 states that after placing cubes then you either replace cubes with a Base or conduct Civic Action.

2) Yes. You can take your Special Activity either before, during, or after the Operation.

Now, you can place cubes in one space, Transport them to another, and then build the Base there. You'll have to pay for the Base space, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But you usually don't want to place a base where you already can Train cubes.

Edit: I misred yout question and switched the sequence. No, as I read the Rulebook you have to place your cubes in all selected Train spaces and then you may replace cubes with a base.

Quote:
First, in each selected Province with a Government Base AND in each selected City, place up to 4 cubes (any combination of Available Troops and Police). Then, in up to 1 selected space, either...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.