Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look through the threads, you will see numerous people asking about how premium expansion items (faction dials for the new factions and metal 50 coins to replace the cardboard ones in the expansion) will be handled. Throughout the threads are snippets of information from Jamey, much of which is old and is sometimes lacking information or at worse, contains incorrect, outdated information. As per my discussion with him earlier today, I think this information would be better presented in a centralized thread. In particular I have created this thread to 1.) provide interested people in the current status of these items, 2.) provide Jamey a location to provide updates without having to edit or reply to his previous posts and hope people see them, and 3.) provide a location for people to provide Jamey with feedback/interest. With my initial post, I want to cover two main points:

Current Status: Great New! Looks like SM has decided to go ahead with making both the coins and the dials. They have also decided to make a set of $2 Albion metal coins to round out the faction representation on the money. Expect these to be in the BGG store at some point in the future as promos 8, 9, and 10. Details here: http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/

If You Are Interested: Jamey has committed to releasing these items, but feel free to continue to use the form to show your interest for these and other items: http://goo.gl/forms/liKSuVlApSY2z0fU2

If Jamey provides further updates or suggestions for people who are interested to get back to him, I will update this post.

Edit: Aug 23 - Updated with info from Janey's post below
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Richard! This is very helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I just made my response to that form including my usual requests for games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick S
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely interested in both metal $50 coins and the two extra combat dials. Submitted my responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I filled out the survey too. Metal coins and combat dials for everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wolski
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
I filled out the survey too. Metal coins and combat dials for everyone!

HUZZAH!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in the description for the expansion there is a mention of custom wooden tokens; are these new types of tokens or additional numbers of tokens from the base Scythe (wood, metal, oil, food)?

And in either case will there be an opportunity to get these in the upgraded format? I'm a deluxe scythe owner and I'd like all my tokens to match rather than have half of my oil tokens be the deluxe version and the other half be flat wood tokens. I don't see any mention of those on the form.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are only faction-specific components in the expansion (other than the 2 new player mats), so it's fully compatible with any version of Scythe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why isn't this thread bigger?! I want my expansion dials and metal coins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Essner
France
Nissa
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same for me ! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated this page of our website to show that we're making this stuff (and more) as promo items:

http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I've updated this page of our website to show that we're making this stuff (and more) as promo items:

Great news, Jamey! I have updated the post above.

You may want to fix the bit on the blog about "(unless otherwise noted, this content is included in every Kickstarter version of Scythe, just not the retail version)" since it is not noted for the 8,9,and 10 promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch! Thanks Richard. I'll make that more clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Awesome news. I'm also glad to see the $2 coins option. Can we get a spoiler on the color for the $2 and $50 coins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
They match their factions: $50 coins are light purple, and $2 coins are gold with green inking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Essner
France
Nissa
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, I wonder if we'd be able to buy promos 8-10 as a package deal as well. I hope the BGG store gets enough of them. I've seen items sell out in a day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Johnson Creek
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
Oh man, I wonder if we'd be able to buy promos 8-10 as a package deal as well. I hope the BGG store gets enough of them. I've seen items sell out in a day.

Right? So if you jump on each one right away before selling out and they come out a different times they will hit you up for shipping 3 separate times too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:
venrondua wrote:

Right? So if you jump on each one right away before selling out and they come out a different times they will hit you up for shipping 3 separate times too.

Yeah that's part of the reason I'd like the package option. I don't really want to pay 3 separate shipping charges to eventually get them all. Especially as waiting until all 3 are in stock at the same time, might not be possible. I expect they will sell out quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
They match their factions: $50 coins are light purple, and $2 coins are gold with green inking.

Now, the important question is: How much real world $ per coin pack and is there a bundle option to save some of those real world $s?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
Yeah that's part of the reason I'd like the package option. I don't really want to pay 3 separate shipping charges to eventually get them all. Especially as waiting until all 3 are in stock at the same time, might not be possible. I expect they will sell out quickly.
There is obviously demand for the new coins and dials, but it doesn't make sense to have them if you don't have the other coins and dials, especially the coins. If they make anywhere near the same amount as they made for the original premium components, I don't expect them to sell out anytime soon.

Most of the stuff that sells out quickly in the BGG store is both high demand items AND very little stock (usually left over promos from a convention). This will be produced in higher quantities since it won't be left over; it is being made specifically for the BGG store. Consider you can STILL get the left over KS promo packs and the left over metal coins took days to sell out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard is correct. The one restriction we have is that the BGG store doesn't want to receive more than 1500 of any specific promo (maybe there are exceptions to this, but that's the guideline they've given me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Richard is correct. The one restriction we have is that the BGG store doesn't want to receive more than 1500 of any specific promo (maybe there are exceptions to this, but that's the guideline they've given me).
Is that 1500 limit at a time? In other words if they sold all 1500, you could send them another batch? I assume it's some kind of space limitation, and they don't want to get stock with 5k of a promo on the shelf for a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct--we can send them more later. I think it's a space limitation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kraack
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Consider you can STILL get the left over KS promo packs

You can? Where? Or are you talking about promo pack 2, which was recently added to the bgg store?

I consider "left over KS promo packs" to mean the full promo pack, but maybe you're just talking about a smaller pack subset?

--

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.