$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 134.74

7,857 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Order of the Gilded Compass» Forums » General

Subject: Tile misprints on missions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Bledsoe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Got this game at Gencon, and we've played it a few times, great re-implementation of Alea Iacta Est. But playing with the mission cards, I realized that we had two of the "Congregate the Cartographers" and no "Gather the Excavators." I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue? Also, the "Unite the Specialists" tile probably should have had an "and" in the symbol instead of "or".
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Johnson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
My copy purchased at Gen Con has the same problem. I contacted Grey Fox Games through their website, but have not heard back from them yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Now that you mention it, the "generic excavator" icon on Gather the Excavators and Second Opinion should have had its "curvy" decoration on the left side instead of the right.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Myerscough
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Low and behold, you are correct. We made a mistake and included two copies of "Congregate Cartographers" and no "Gather the Excavators". We will fix outgoing copies to make sure they get the proper tile, however, if you bought a copy at GenCon and need the replacement, please send an email to info@greyfoxgames.com and give us your address. We will get the correct piece out to you as soon as we get them printed and sent to us (probably about 3 weeks). My sincerest apologies for the mix up.

Thank you,

Shane

7 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marguerite Cottrell
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
modmouse wrote:
Low and behold, you are correct. We made a mistake and included two copies of "Congregate Cartographers" and no "Gather the Excavators". We will fix outgoing copies to make sure they get the proper tile, however, if you bought a copy at GenCon and need the replacement, please send an email to info@greyfoxgames.com and give us your address. We will get the correct piece out to you as soon as we get them printed and sent to us (probably about 3 weeks). My sincerest apologies for the mix up.

Thank you,

Shane



thanks for fixing this and thanks Ori for the head's up!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bledsoe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thank you, Shane! You guys are awesome.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Johnson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I received the "Gather the Excavators" tile in the mail today. A big thank you to Grey Fox for sending the replacement tile in a timely manner.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marguerite Cottrell
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taven wrote:
I received the "Gather the Excavators" tile in the mail today. A big thank you to Grey Fox for sending the replacement tile in a timely manner.


Got mine today as well! thanks so much!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
modmouse wrote:
Low and behold, you are correct. We made a mistake and included two copies of "Congregate Cartographers" and no "Gather the Excavators". We will fix outgoing copies to make sure they get the proper tile, however, if you bought a copy at GenCon and need the replacement, please send an email to info@greyfoxgames.com and give us your address. We will get the correct piece out to you as soon as we get them printed and sent to us (probably about 3 weeks). My sincerest apologies for the mix up.

Thank you,

Shane



Does it apply to Canadians too?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How many missions should there be? I have "Gather Excavators" but also got duplicates of "Congregate Cartographers" and "A Secret Map". Should I remove one of these, too? Oddly, the rulebook says there should be 20 missions, but after removing the duplicates, I still have 21.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
How many missions should there be? I have "Gather Excavators" but also got duplicates of "Congregate Cartographers" and "A Secret Map". Should I remove one of these, too? Oddly, the rulebook says there should be 20 missions, but after removing the duplicates, I still have 21.


The rulebook (for the tiles) says there should be 2 "A Secret Map"

Congregate Cartographers was duplicated on the punchboards, there should just be one
The Gather Excavators was what should have been one of the Congregate Cartographers so that was included loose inside the box (at lease mine was)

Quick answer - remove 1 Congregate Cartographers and you should be fine.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! My copy came with several tiles loose from the punchboards, so I didn't even notice that I had this extra.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Cos Cob
Connecticut
flag msg tools
GSReis wrote:
How many missions should there be? I have "Gather Excavators" but also got duplicates of "Congregate Cartographers" and "A Secret Map". Should I remove one of these, too? Oddly, the rulebook says there should be 20 missions, but after removing the duplicates, I still have 21.


The correct answer is 22 missions:

6 A Dual Map
2 A Secret Map
1 Broaden Your Expertise
1 Congregate Cartographers
1 Dive for Doubloons
1 Embrace the Guild
1 Find the Maps
1 Gather the Excavators
1 Hire the Right Hunters
1 Join the Illuminati
1 Loot the Tower
1 Raid the Temple
1 Recruit Specialists
1 Scour the Globe
1 Second Opinion
1 Unite the Specialists
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.