Subject: Breaking off a Relationship from dating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
F S
United States
Morrisville
NC
flag msg tools
Is the only way to end a relationship is to just not pay the upkeep cost from the level you're on? Unless I missed something, this means I can never end a relationship with a person I'm dating unless I upgrade first then pay the penalty for not having the upgrade cost.

Is this right? I can't just stop dating them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have 2nd edition, see page 15 of the rulebook:

7. Discarding cards
If at any time during the Action phase you want to stop having a card in front of you (whatever it is - Project, Item, Job, or Partner) you may discard it but you will get 1 Stress and you will lose 1 STH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As with every card in the game, you may at any point during your action phase discard it (even at the 'Date' level) losing 1 STH and getting 1 Stress.

You don't need to advance your relation and fail to pay the upkeep in order to lose it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Fern
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Worst timing ever. My wife just came over and sat next to me as I finished reading this topic and pressed the back button. All she saw was "breaking off a relationship...". I had some quick explaining to do
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Thomas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thematically speaking ----- shouldn't the consequences of breaking off a dating relationship be significantly less if you are in the dating mode versus family mode?!?!? gulp

sorry...macabre topic...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
irishroar wrote:
Thematically speaking ----- shouldn't the consequences of breaking off a dating relationship be significantly less if you are in the dating mode versus family mode?!?!? gulp

sorry...macabre topic...

Ah, but see, you didn't "just" break up with her. You walked in on her and your kid brother . . .

Tragic, really. Probably should be more than just one stress & STH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Thomas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
spbtc wrote:
irishroar wrote:

sorry...macabre topic...

Ah, but see, you didn't "just" break up with her. You walked in on her and your kid brother . . .

Tragic, really. Probably should be more than just one stress & STH.

LOL

actually as a re-read the rules it can be interpreted that if you end relationship with no upkeep you wouldn't take stress or STH hit...so maybe what I am saying is null and void!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.