GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 130.94
48.5% of Goal | left
Olympics, athletics, contests, summer, Rio, Brazil, South America, be creative with your choice to fit the theme this week!
Note also that we are kid-friendly. Now that school is letting out, Kanata Board Gamers remind parents of bored board gaming kids that they are welcome to play here.
Kanata Con: 16-17 September. Check out all the details on kanataboardgamers.ca
Ottawa Geek Market Garage Sale: 13 August 2016. Nepean Sportsplex. Tons of used geeky stuff at garage sale prices. Geekmarket.ca
There is a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers every Thursday; next one is 11 August 2016. The start time for the session is 6pm till approximately 11pm.
We meet at the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) at 46 Castlefrank Rd, which is beside the Hazeldean Public Library. There is parking outside. Just go straight through the doors facing the lot, and you can't miss us!
$2.50 will be collected from each person. The first $30 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into our board game library fund. Members can borrow from the library any time. Borrow it one session, bring it back for the next.
Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $7.50 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.
Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Mrs. Tiggy Winkles, and Comic Book Shoppe), let Steve know, and he'll have them made up. 100% of the $7.50 fee goes to CanGames 2016 to support kids games, and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them.
Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!
Directions by car to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):
1. Take Queensway/417 to Castlefrank exit, EXIT 139
2. Turn left onto Kanata Ave
3. Continue about 2km to 46 Castlefrank Rd, just past Hazeldean Rd.
4. Destination will be on the left, at the stop sign. Go up the hill.
5. Go through the doors facing the parking lot and into the main hall.
Directions using public transportation (from the East)
1. OC Transpo route 118 starts at the Hurdman station.
2. For stops check the 118 route: http://www.octranspo1.com/maps/
3. The stop you want is Hazeldean & Castlefrank
4. Walk west on Castlefrank following signs for the library
5. The church is on your left and is well signed.
6. Go up the hill to the doors facing the parking lot, and into the main hall.