Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First I really like the game and I've only managed to play it 2 player 4 times.

I imagine the lack of a 3rd faction takes a lot away. there appears to be very little reason for a player to swap to the the third faction just to get em on the board. Especially so if playing with victory points.

I'm wondering whether anyone has thought of a dummy 3rd faction?
Before playing last night i thought well, if a 3rd faction patriot comes up we will have that auto play instead of discarding, that way units end up on the board etc. problem is that only 2-3 British patriots showed up the whole game (it ended on the second topple with Afghanistan winning both topples)

my thought just now is maybe it could also autoplay for the third faction cards that you play that includes the loyalty prize matching the 3rd faction in this instance maybe stars-1 (1 min). this way you are unlikely to win a topple buy having a single unit more than the other faction.

Thoughts? or perhaps we are jsut playing 2 player horribly badly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
The dummy third faction was something that had been in the game during testing. We ended up pitching it during the development because we felt that the worthy goal of stabilizing game length for two players was better achieved with the nation building rules. That said, it's certainly possible to add it in. Just say that whenever a patriot of that dummy faction is discarded, place units in the board (with the location of roads to be decided by the active player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.