2 Posts

Tragedy Looper» Forums » General

Subject: Tragedy Looper Scenario Creator rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yu Hann Ong
Singapore
flag msg tools
I've created a scenario creator in Excel for creating Tragedy Looper Basic Tragedy Set scenarios! It scripts all your edits so that you only need to make changes once and you can see their effect in your whole script.
Tragedy Looper scenario creator

How to Use:
Yellow fields are for editing, white fields are view-only.

The Basic Tragedy sheet details all the plots possible, and you can select the main and subplots you want from a dropdown box. The example I set as default is a Murder plot with The Hidden Freak and Circle of Friends subplots. The total number of roles will then be displayed.

The second and third sheets are for reference only, and should not be edited. On the Scenario sheet, you can scroll down to "Edit Mode" where you can edit the scenario.
-Type the number of days and loops you want
-Choose the characters to use by typing 'yes' under the 'in use' column.
-Choose the incidents you want from a dropdown box under each day.
-Assign culprits by typing the day number of the incident in the 'day' column.
-Assign roles using dropdown boxes.

The script will check the validity of your scenario and it will be reflected at "Is Scenario Valid".

Upon creating your scenario, you can view the summarised results by scrolling up, and the Protagonists' and Mastermind script cards will be generated accordingly on their spreadsheets.

Please provide any feedback you might have! Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryon Levitt

California
msg tools
mb
I tried setting the Mystery Boy to the Time Traveller on the Giant Time Bomb and it said that the scenario is invalid because I have a Time Traveller. However, the Mystery Boy is supposed to be a role that is not from the current plot. So, unless I'm getting the rule confused, the Mystery Boy is not compatible with your sheet. You can probably fix it by turning the Validity checkers from (for example) "=N38=O38" to "=OR(N38=O38,M38=$E$32)"

Also, the Mastermind Sheet and Protagonist Sheet aren't particularly printer friendly.

But it's a cool tool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.