GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 50.72

3,775 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23.8% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

Patrick Helledie
Denmark
flag msg tools

We had an issue with interpretation of some of the text regarding the mob during our play through last night.

During the monster phase of the mythos the app instructs you to move the Mob two spaces in a certain direction, then something happens to every investigator that the mob passes during the movement. (Sorry, I cannot find the specific text from the app, but something about being dragged to end space of the mob and suffering damage)

Now, does this mean that an Investigator on the space where the mob starts before moving the two spaces is also affected or does the mob simply just move and then it is only investigators in the two spaces that the mob moves through that are affected?

We had an issue where an investigator got stuck with the mob which I guess would make sense thematically. However, the investigator has low agility and needed three successes to evade the mob meaning that he could never escape it if he is supposed to be dragged with it even when starting on the same space as the mob.

How do you guys interpret this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you're within the mob the only way to get away is to evade them. They will drag all investigators with them until they successfully evade. That's why it's super important to avoid them at all costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Helledie
Denmark
flag msg tools
Damn mob... All right, yeah, I guess that makes sense. Thank you for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf White
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I can't remember exactly what it says. I think it specifies who is moved and I think even players that are on the same space when mobs move are affected as well. Someone needs to confirm this though. It's the point of this scenario to avoid mobs. I highly not recommend playing this scenario as it's bugged and reportedly it crashes on different platforms even after fix. It crashed for me on Android and then on pc both after update. Better to wait until they fix it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Helledie
Denmark
flag msg tools
All right, thanks... What a bummer about the bug though. Thematically the scenario seems really cool. I guess we lost before we would have gotten to the bug.

I've also heard reports about a bug in one of the other scenarios. If that's the case there is only 2 playable scenarios available. Disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf White
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Which other scenario is bugged? Don't want to waste another 3 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PatrickYML wrote:
However, the investigator has low agility and needed three successes to evade the mob meaning that he could never escape it if he is supposed to be dragged with it even when starting on the same space as the mob.

I have never encountered the mob so this is just out of curiosity, does every evade test generated by the app require agility? If I remember correctly evade tests with other monsters could be with a different stat (for example strength).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
riboAWEsome wrote:
PatrickYML wrote:
However, the investigator has low agility and needed three successes to evade the mob meaning that he could never escape it if he is supposed to be dragged with it even when starting on the same space as the mob.

I have never encountered the mob so this is just out of curiosity, does every evade test generated by the app require agility? If I remember correctly evade tests with other monsters could be with a different stat (for example strength).

Most evade tests require agility, but it can be different (and which type of monster it is can be a factor).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I am more interrested in where you got the game from?..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.