Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just wanted to come here to say that the iOS app is now available. Presumably this means that it's also available for other devices, but I can't check that.

Downloading now - haven't had a chance to play yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is sooo awesome! One of my favorite games ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just about to buy it from the UK Play store (£3.49) so can confirm it's out for Android too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benosteen wrote:
I'm just about to buy it from the UK Play store (£3.49) so can confirm it's out for Android too.

Me: Woohoo!
My bank account: <sob>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Wickline
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is available for Android in the Google Play Store in the US as well. Looks like it was just published today. It was developed by Digidiced, the same group who adapted Patchwork and LeHavre for tablet/phone. It is currently selling for $4.99. I haven't played yet - I'm using it as a carrot to help me slog through some work today. cry I don't have high aspirations with regard to getting things done during the latter half of the day, though. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the board game ... But the app is so ugly. Not sure I can get over that :-/

One thing may get me to grab it though ... Can anyone tell me if the app has any expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It appears to have "More Buildings Big and Small" as an in-app purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Coleman
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Downloading now. Excited to try it out. I'm currently walking the Pacific Crest Trail and really needed a new game for my breaks and camp time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
telos81 wrote:
I love the board game ... But the app is so ugly. Not sure I can get over that :-/

One thing may get me to grab it though ... Can anyone tell me if the app has any expansions?

Am not thrilled with the interface either. But the game is so great that am sure I'll get over it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilse
Belgium
Kortenberg
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find it yet
Can't look for 'agricola' in the app store, it just comes out blank, doesn't even show the already existing apps.
Anyone got a link?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Searching for it didn't work for me either, weirdly enough. I found that I had to search for a different Digidice game (e.g. Le Havre: Inland Port) and then follow the link to other Digidice apps and got it from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared

Monroe
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/agricola-all-creatures-big/i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonello Piemonte
Germany
munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
For Android users

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digidiced....

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought the expansion but can't figure out how to access the buildings. I get the same four buildings each game, even though I selected the expansion option(s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skybreak wrote:
I bought the expansion but can't figure out how to access the buildings. I get the same four buildings each game, even though I selected the expansion option(s).

When you start a game against the AI, it should give you the choice. Against another player, I believe it chooses randomly as long as both players have bought the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Wong
msg tools
mbmb
A quick review based on the current version.

I grabbed this app and tried it out on the medium level and the AI is a bit dumb by only getting cows? So I beat it by 37 to 14.

So I tried hard level to see if it is any different. After the first game of warm up, I performed a bit better and got 41 to 14- 16 (forgot AI's score). This time around it got a bit better by getting pigs and cows. But through out the game, it got sheep but due to limited space, it ran away. So my thought is the AI is not good at all.

Looking forward to play online or they upgrade the AI.

Does anyone have similar feelings about this initial version of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jon714 wrote:
Does anyone have similar feelings about this initial version of the game?

Only played against the easy AI so far, but beat it hands down (42 to 14). It bought 2 expansion boards, but didn't build anything on either of them.

I'll try out the medium and hard AIs today and see how they compare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not as pretty as DigiDice's other Uwe offerings, but it is functional once you get used to it.

The AI is pretty terrible. I don't think I have seen it buy a building from the expansion set yet, suggesting it hasn't been coded to evaluate them? Hard AI seems obsessed with horses! It has done a little better when you let it go first, but not much... The AI on Inland Port is no great shakes either. The hard AI on Patchwork is quite good, but that game is a much simpler maths puzzle to build an AI for I would imagine (tellingly, it seems to deal less well with the spatial element, almost never getting the 7x7 bonus). I don't think building good AI is DigiDice's strength.

The Stud (?) building does not work properly. Instead of letting you build a fence each time you get a goal, it allows you to put horses in neighbouring empty spaces!

However, overall, it allows an A:ACBAS fix with the AI providing some blocking/resource removal at least, while you shoot for a high score. It would be nice if they did improve the AI though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
I'll try out the medium and hard AIs today and see how they compare.

Just beat the medium AI, 33 to 24.

The AI's strategy appears to be something like this:
1) Get enough resource to buy a load of feeding troughs
2) Get cows or horses, as often as possible
3) Get enough resources to build a stable
4) Build fences to make a single field enclosure
5) Buy farm expansion board, about mid-way through game
6) Get first player.

It appears to totally ignore sheep and pigs until the very endgame, doesn't bother with special buildings, and doesn't aim to utilise its farm expansion board.

On to the Hard AI!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And just beat the Hard AI, 43 to 31. It's definitely better than Medium/Easy AI, but not by much. It seemed to optimise the use of its farm expansion board this time, and didn't go much in for feeding troughs. It also bought 2 or 3 buildings (hard to see if it bought the Half-Timbered House as the "Show Score" label is sitting right on top of where the tile image would be). But it took NO pigs at all, once again. It pushed sheep a lot more this time - it got 10 (compared to 3 with the medium AI), but again favoured horses and cows when it could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I get the options for random or selected expansion buildings (against AI) but only see half-timbered, storage building, shelter, and open stables. Of course, there are stalls, stables and feeding troughs as well. Seems like those are the only buildings and I don't see another action space to access any others. I'm assuming I'm overlooking something obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
njshaw2 wrote:
And just beat the Hard AI, 43 to 31. It's definitely better than Medium/Easy AI, but not by much. It seemed to optimise the use of its farm expansion board this time, and didn't go much in for feeding troughs. It also bought 2 or 3 buildings (hard to see if it bought the Half-Timbered House as the "Show Score" label is sitting right on top of where the tile image would be). But it took NO pigs at all, once again. It pushed sheep a lot more this time - it got 10 (compared to 3 with the medium AI), but again favoured horses and cows when it could.

Wow! I have played the hard AI at least half a dozen times and it has gotten nowhere near 30 in any game I have played! I'm not sure it has actually made it to 20 yet! Last time it finished on something like 14! It is truly rubbish - perhaps you got the one decent version of the AI...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skybreak wrote:
I get the options for random or selected expansion buildings (against AI) but only see half-timbered, storage building, shelter, and open stables. Of course, there are stalls, stables and feeding troughs as well. Seems like those are the only buildings and I don't see another action space to access any others. I'm assuming I'm overlooking something obvious.

Once you tick the option for random expansion buildings (assuming you have purchased the DLC), you should see the extra four expansion building option when you touch the space for building Special Buildings once you start a game. Works fine for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barnetto wrote:
njshaw2 wrote:

Wow! I have played the hard AI at least half a dozen times and it has gotten nowhere near 30 in any game I have played! I'm not sure it has actually made it to 20 yet! Last time it finished on something like 14! It is truly rubbish - perhaps you got the one decent version of the AI...

Well, there was an app update yesterday afternoon... maybe they upped the AI's difficulty a bit?

EDIT: Meh, they don't claim it if they did... Latest release notes (Android version):
- Fixed the bug preventing from building multiple stables at the same time.
- Fixed the bug enabling you to place a worker on stalls even if there are no more left.
- Multiple minor localization bugs and spelling errors fixed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that the AI isn't that good, I'm curious how the multiplayer works. That'll probably decide if I buy it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.