Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this card is used as an Event it states: Escalate/deflate one of your DEFCON tracks by up to 2 steps. Then Command 1 Influence cube.
Because this event has a DEFCON symbol,I want to make sure I am applying this correctly. If I choose to escalate the military DEFCON marker by 2 steps, do I then also move it one additional step due to the DEFCON symbol on the Event card?

A second question concerns the Military, Political, and World Opinion AGENDA cards. The Military card, for example, states: Escalate all DEFCON markers in the military DEFCON 2 area by one step. I assume the world "all" would mean both (the US and the Soviet markers in that area track). Since the markers are escalated, according to the text on the card, what is the purpose of the DEFCON symbol? Does it mean that track is escalated one additional step for a total of two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad vanVugt
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The DEFCON symbol on the card, whether that card is a strategy card or an agenda card, simply exists to indicate the event on the card can effect the DEFCON track (whether or not that event involves the placing/removal of command cubes).

So for your first question, you would not escalate/deflate the DEFCON track again after performing a 2-step escalation/deflation

For your second question, yes, you do escalate both markers one step (if they're both in the DEFCON 2 area) but only one step. Again, the symbol is on the card just to indicate that the card could affect the DEFCON in some fashion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Bauer
United States
Larned
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Brad. I guess I would think it would have been better not to put the symbol on those particular cards, because the text itself already states that the DEFCON track will be effected (Not could be, but will be). This is unlike the other cards which have such symbols, which will depend on the players decision (how many cubes will be used), as to whether or not the DEFCON could be effected. Anyway, it caused me a little confusion, but your answer helps solve it for me. So again, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Skjold Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Brad is correct. It is a reminder.

And still players tend to overlook the fact that DEFCON Agendas escalate at the end of the round causing a lot of first games to end in nuclear war! Then they learn.whistle

My point is that maybe we should have added more reminders, not omitted those we have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.