Subject: Using Conversion Kit characters... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nothing is really stopping us from using them? Just use a different miniature until they are eventually released? Or is that not ok?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is quite fine, you could in principle do the same thing with the monsters even though that might hit harder on the immersion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Correct. You can use whatever you want as figures. The important components are the investigator cards which have all of the stats.

Just know that if you enable the investigators, you are also enabling the monsters and map tiles from first edition.

For monsters you can just use the monster tokens (so no figures necessary), for map tiles that come up occasionally, you can always proxy with a sheet of paper and sketching out the important bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Sherwood
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you enable the expansion in the Main Menu you will have the chance to randomize into the monsters and tiles that come with the expansion as well. If you only want to use the investigators you would have to pick some other character in the scenario setup and just equate your replacement character to whichever one you picked.

In other words you want to play Joe Diamond, but select Jenny Barnes in the app. All references to things that happen to Jenny actually happen to Joe.

Or just proxy everything and go nuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh ya I forgot you actually choose the characters in the app. I take back my questions lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.