Subject: Special Shadowrunner rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Black
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not entirely sure how the encounters that reward a special shadowrunner work from the rules. This is how I'm reading it.

You defeat an encounter that rewards a special shadowrunner of "+X". You set it aside in your play area, I guess wherever you're playing shadowrunners. At some point you can use this encounter as if it was a shadowrunner and it grants +X to a die roll.

Do you leave the die used to defeat the encounter locked on it or is this where the black dice included come in? If you use the locked die does it stay there till you use it even if it spills into the next player's turn?

It adds "+X" to any die roll when you use it and cannot be retained. Does it add "+X" to an existing roll or the die stored on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noneya Bidness
United States
Middletown
New York
flag msg tools
DorkPassenger wrote:
I'm not entirely sure how the encounters that reward a special shadowrunner work from the rules. This is how I'm reading it.

You defeat an encounter that rewards a special shadowrunner of "+X". You set it aside in your play area, I guess wherever you're playing shadowrunners. At some point you can use this encounter as if it was a shadowrunner and it grants +X to a die roll.

Do you leave the die used to defeat the encounter locked on it or is this where the black dice included come in? If you use the locked die does it stay there till you use it even if it spills into the next player's turn?

It adds "+X" to any die roll when you use it and cannot be retained. Does it add "+X" to an existing roll or the die stored on it?

The die stays there until you resolve that column. Either by failing, scoring or Escalating it to a new column. Regardless of the outcome the card stays with the player and does not count against their shadowrunner limit of five.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff H
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I place a face down encounter from the discard pile as a placeholder for the space taken for a special Shadowrunner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Black
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Alright I reread the rules with your responses taken into account and I see where I was misinterpreting them. It's telling you to leave the die you locked to defeat the encounter in the spot in the column where the encounter was prior to moving the special shadowrunner encounter to your shadowrunner play area. Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this way:

The die stays locked, and we put a number of nuyen into the 'space' voided by the card equal to the column number, to be collected in the event of a cash-out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.