Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the rules state to score certain things immediately, and other things at the end of the game, I've noticed that everything can be scored at the end just as easily.

Looking at the scoring...
End-Game Scoring:
-Placed Monuments (Geb/Nut)
-Sun Disc Chains (Ra)
-Pyramid (Pharaoh)
-Animal Magic Cards (Wadjet)
These ones need to be scored at the end, as they're determined by the final placements of everything (monuments, player sun discs, pryamid, etc)

Immediate Scoring:
-Monument Cards (Ptah)
-Sun Player Discs (Ra)
-Pyramid Levels (Pharaoh)
-Animal Magic, Last Round (Wadjet)
These ones however, can be determined as you get them or at the game end, their value doesn't change as the game continues. I thought the monument cards counted at end for total amount of cards gained, but their scoring is cumulative and can be done at the end as well.

---

From what I can see, this works out and scoring can be tallied at the end without worry. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

So my question/comment is, which do you prefer? Scoring during the game will give you an idea of who's in the lead. But wait till the end to do all scoring let's the game flow without interruption, and leaves the mystery of who may win till the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.