$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
46.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Adelė
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

I really like card games + I'm a big fan of 'Song of Ice and Fire' world, so it's only natural that I checked this game out. I bought one core set and played some matches with suggested decks and in general I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I wanted more. The problem is, I have no wish to invest my time into deck building neither I want to spend money on all the expansions, it would be perfect to have a few well constructed and balanced decks, which I could just take from the box and play right away.

So, my question is, are there any people around here who are in the same situation as I am? Maybe you have any suggestions/ resourses which would help me figure out how to build these decks (would be awesome if I needn't buy all excisting cards)?And what decks are generally better - single or double house? Or it would be better to just part with this game and look for something non-LCG/CCG?

Thank you for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just go to ThronesDB and netdeck. Some people don't like it, but I just want to enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarandongo
United States
MADISON
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm in a similar situation. My problem is not that I hate deck building, is more that I don't have the time to play this game competitively (it is a hobby in itself). So now I only play with my wife, and it's awesome. We have around 6 decks built and when we're tired of one we just go to Thronesdb and build a new deck, it takes around 5 minutes. We don't care much about the release schedule, we can spend months without buying packs, and honestly I think we're gonna stop buying them after this cycle.
It's a very fun game and you can absolutely play it the way you like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Elliott
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recent post on cardgamedb looks promising.

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/32213-new-...

This thread helped me when I started:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1480108/8-mono-faction-deck...

I prefer keeping only a few decks made so the neutrals don't get watered down.

I ended up buying a fourth core so two decks could each get two neutrals of the same card if they needed them. Solved quite a few problems when making decks for two players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Deviser wrote:
Hello everyone,

I really like card games + I'm a big fan of 'Song of Ice and Fire' world, so it's only natural that I checked this game out. I bought one core set and played some matches with suggested decks and in general I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I wanted more. The problem is, I have no wish to invest my time into deck building neither I want to spend money on all the expansions, it would be perfect to have a few well constructed and balanced decks, which I could just take from the box and play right away.

So, my question is, are there any people around here who are in the same situation as I am? Maybe you have any suggestions/ resourses which would help me figure out how to build these decks (would be awesome if I needn't buy all excisting cards)?And what decks are generally better - single or double house? Or it would be better to just part with this game and look for something non-LCG/CCG?

Thank you for your help!

I think I'm in the same mindframe as you except that you didn't mention you want to stick with only one core set - I don't want to buy a second core. I posted a question on a different thread and someone replied with, "Just get only the deluxe expansions" because he felt that would address my needs the best. I haven't done it yet, but I'll just mention to you that was the most promising advice I received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those recommending thronesdb, is there an easy way to find decks compatible with the card set I have? Most of the decks that are easy to find (most popular, recent, etc.) seem to prescribe a significantly complete card pool, I.e., three core sets. I have two cores, the westeros cycle, wolves of the north and no interest in deck building. Yes, I have a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Elliott
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wavedog98 wrote:
is there an easy way to find decks compatible with the card set I have?

Go to Decklists > Search (bottom left) > Select Allowed Packs (top right)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.