$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.9% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So once we finish Deck 6, "From Hell's Heart", are there other adventures out there we can take with our current characters we have developed through Deck 6...other than just starting over with new characters?

Thanks. Picked up the Skull & Shackles Base set a while back in a used book store and it's become one of our favorite games. We are finishing Deck 6 and we don't want it to stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Herodier
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Start over with different chars?

Srsly though, there was a post by Mike Selinker on the Paizo site where he describes how to basically use Wrath of the Righteous as an epic level campaign for your characters from either of the other 2 campaigns. I'll see if I can find it and post the link back here...

[EDIT]
Found it!
How to Use Wrath as "Adventure 7"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
heroes182 wrote:
Start over with different chars?

Srsly though, there was a post by Mike Selinker on the Paizo site where he describes how to basically use Wrath of the Righteous as an epic level campaign for your characters from either of the other 2 campaigns. I'll see if I can find it and post the link back here...

[EDIT]
Found it!
How to Use Wrath as "Adventure 7"

Thanks for sharing this, my wife and I have been working through S&S and haven't had as much fun with that one. We were lamenting the other day that we wished there was a way to keep playing our old characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, you have to build up your characters from the beginning with each Base Set or Pathfinder Adventure Guild arc unless you're using the proposed option of jumping into Wrath of the Righteous Deck 4. Fortunately, there are excellent resources to bring you up to speed on the game story:

Rise of the Runelords Adventure Guide

Skull & Shackles Adventure Guide

Wrath of the Righteous Adventure Guide

PACG Iconic Hero Backstories

PACG Blessing Deck Deities

You can get a bit more play value out of your Skull & Shackles set here if you don't mind spending a little more money. DriveThruCards even has some print-on-demand options for the scenario cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rdemille wrote:
Picked up the Skull & Shackles Base set a while back in a used book store and it's become one of our favorite games.

I wish my used and thrift shops had finds like that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biggs Larkdighter
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelter wrote:
rdemille wrote:
Picked up the Skull & Shackles Base set a while back in a used book store and it's become one of our favorite games.

I wish my used and thrift shops had finds like that!

Got it for $19 used. Well worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calthaer the Bard
Turks and Caicos Islands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There really is a lot of replay value in the set. I am now making my way through Rise of the Runelords for the third time and I am still seeing cards I have never encountered. This happens more for the later decks than the earlier ones, of course. New characters really do put a very different spin on the game, as does playing with new groups of people. I would say you really don't have a firm handle on your preferred play style until you've played at least 25-50 scenarios. It does get better over time - it ages like a fine wine.

At least, Skull & Shackles does, and I think Runelords does, too. I am not the biggest fan of Wrath of the Righteous, which I think likes to pile on fight after fight, with few rewards to punctuate them.

EDIT: There are also the Organized Play scenarios available on Paizo.com in PDF format. Each set has them now - they add a whole other "campaign" to each box. From what I've played of them so far, they're fun and worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.