$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
41.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Gen Con 2016 event - Avatar of Shadow. What happened to figurine give away? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Dursch
United States
Farmersville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, when we signed up for this event for Gen Con 2016 the description mentioned there being a figurine handed out as well. Instead we received a dice bag. What happened to the figurine?

Gen Con Event signup page wrote:
Description:The game will be taught with a special emphasis on the module system. Participants will be given a free miniature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember MCG ever once mentioning a promo miniature. All they ever showed was the promo card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Felts
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fyxsius wrote:
Out of curiosity, when we signed up for this event for Gen Con 2016 the description mentioned there being a figurine handed out as well. Instead we received a dice bag. What happened to the figurine?

Gen Con Event signup page wrote:
Description:The game will be taught with a special emphasis on the module system. Participants will be given a free miniature.

The same thing happened for the MERCS 2.0 demo...the Event sign-up said a free miniature and instead we got movement templates which I believe are from MERCS 1.0 so slightly different in dimensions than the 2.0 template so may not even be usable?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Leroy
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
But did anyone get even a promo card this year? They showed off a Slaughterfield reward called Forged in Fire but I haven't seen reports of anyone actually getting one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have got a figure or a myth treasure bag. Message me and we'll get it sorted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Joe
United States
flag msg tools
mb

You could just post a PDF of a figure in the file section. Bad planning solved.

Hmmm... Does this site have a sarcasm font?

Glad to see you'll handle the details on this Brian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Felts
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BShotton wrote:
You should have got a figure or a myth treasure bag. Message me and we'll get it sorted.

Is this for the MERCS 2.0 demo as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.