Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark P
Canada
Kitchener
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I'm trying to evade a monster to make a run for it.

There's 3 monsters in my space. I would evade the monster with the highest "awareness" number.

I fail the evade check but the consequence is to get damage. I assume I can continue with the rest of my movement action (move out of that space, and then into a second space) but suffer the failure of the check, which was to just take damage.

On another round I have to evade another monster. I fail the check and the dialog box tells me to forfeit my action. I'm stuck on that space with the monster now.

So based on this, you can fail an evade but still "evade", as in, leave the space and keep moving? You can fail the check, but still actually leave the space, just taking a hit in horror or damage (or both).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you only lose your action if the failure tells you to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark P
Canada
Kitchener
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HisDivineShadow wrote:
Yes, you only lose your action if the failure tells you to.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what it is you are actualy asking, but everything you have said in your post is 100% correct in any case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark P
Canada
Kitchener
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
I'm not sure what it is you are actualy asking, but everything you have said in your post is 100% correct in any case.

I just wanted to confirm the fact that you can fail an evade check but still continue your move action.

I originally looked at it as failing the evade so my movement action couldn't be done. I hadn't seen the "forfeit your action" the first few times I had done it so I assumed failing the check meant failing the evade which meant I couldn't move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To further clarify what I've been doing in my games.

If for my first action, I try to evade, in order to flee the space, I tested evade. The monster was a boss-type level (Dogon) and pretty much every evade attempt if it fails, makes me forfeit my action. So that's what happened, I failed the test, lose my action

A friend thought we end my turn right now. I said no, we just lost that first action, and my second action was to try to flee again - and we went ahead and did another evade attempt.

I think because my friends and I played a lot of Eldritch Horror, he was thinking "forfeit your action" i.e., lose the rest of your actions this turn, was similar to becoming Delayed in EH.

So I think my rules interpretation was correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark P
Canada
Kitchener
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthBane99 wrote:
To further clarify what I've been doing in my games.

If for my first action, I try to evade, in order to flee the space, I tested evade. The monster was a boss-type level (Dogon) and pretty much every evade attempt if it fails, makes me forfeit my action. So that's what happened, I failed the test, lose my action

A friend thought we end my turn right now. I said no, we just lost that first action, and my second action was to try to flee again - and we went ahead and did another evade attempt.

I think because my friends and I played a lot of Eldritch Horror, he was thinking "forfeit your action" i.e., lose the rest of your actions this turn, was similar to becoming Delayed in EH.

So I think my rules interpretation was correct?

I'd agree with you. You forfeit your first action, you still have a second to try it again.

(I wrote and deleted something else I wrote because I had misread what you wrote)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.