Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this game doesn't have the best rep here on bgg, but it seems that is half because it's advertised as a 1-5 player game but is really a 1 or 2 player game. The other complaint seems to be some of the mission cards, and the designer himself said that was an addition made by the publisher, and he still plays without them. Hoping it's a fun solo and 2 player dice game.

Retail is $30, normal coolstuff price is around $22. I found previous hot deal post that coolstuff had a sale for $16.49 a while back, so still cheapest I've seen.

[url]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01431HM8O/ref=ya_st_dp_su...
[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Maybe it's that I'm still despondent from having to cancel my Legendary Encounters preorder (embarrassingly bad character likenesses and art direction), but I'm gonna grab this.

As for Shiny Dice, the comments seem mostly negative for 3+ player (too much downtime), but positive for solo and maybe duo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad to hear that about legendary. I just really wanted a firefly game in my life, and this should hold me over until I'm ready for Firefly: the game. Now that my wife is a fan, I think that one will be in the collection eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Goodstein
United States
Sunrise
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this a couple of times with my brother... was fun enough... don't expecting anything huge, and you'll enjoy it. Probably slightly heavier than (and somewhat similar to, as I recall) Dungeon Roll... I'd play again, but I could definitely see that one could get bored at higher player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll give it a try. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played this at a local game shop. She enjoyed it and wanted to try it again. Just got it for $13 bucks, thanks OP. I'll hang on to it and give it as a anniversary or birthday gift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem! I should be getting mine today. Just curious, did you use either of the variants the designer recommends: either flipping the mission card before deciding on re-rolls, or taking out the missions altogether?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
FranklinT wrote:
No problem! I should be getting mine today. Just curious, did you use either of the variants the designer recommends: either flipping the mission card before deciding on re-rolls, or taking out the missions altogether?

No, we were just trying to figure it out. We didn't know about the variants yet. I did feel that it was weird to flip the mission card after you locked in the dice. When we play we will flip the mission first and then lock dice accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.