Subject: HUGE Playmat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zachary Stoltenberg

Tonganoxie
Kansas
msg tools
mbmb

So does anyone know where this playmat comes from? Better yet, does anyone have the files or a better picture that I could do a PnP from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that was a poster that was available in the BGG store in the past...I think!?!!

I'll have to check at home, and let you know if it's the same one I got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Meister
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1382649/colt-express-playma...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Stoltenberg

Tonganoxie
Kansas
msg tools
mbmb
Sadly, no. I have many of the files to print the standard playmat, but look carefully at the one in the picture. It's significantly larger, with lots of space between the track and the landscape elements. Room for a stagecoah perhaps? A posse and indians? A Marshal and Deputies? The thing is so large that the players have their player cards on it, not next to it. I have never seen a file like this one, now I may be able to duplicate it (I'm an architect) with the source files but where did this GIANT playmat come from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Meister
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry...can't help you there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
zachstoltenberg wrote:
Sadly, no. I have many of the files to print the standard playmat, but look carefully at the one in the picture. It's significantly larger, with lots of space between the track and the landscape elements. Room for a stagecoah perhaps? A posse and indians? A Marshal and Deputies? The thing is so large that the players have their player cards on it, not next to it. I have never seen a file like this one, now I may be able to duplicate it (I'm an architect) with the source files but where did this GIANT playmat come from?

Its just a larger version of the same mat, scaled to fit. I would imagine this has been specially made maybe by the publishers for cons or something. The actual picture is the same as the smaller one (which works fine! I have it printed off onto 3 A4 sheets).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Stoltenberg

Tonganoxie
Kansas
msg tools
mbmb

I've also found this image, which appears to have the added train station, a school house, and the mail bag catch pole. Any interest in a combination of the two? I know I've read in some posts that a few folks like a non-linear train as well. With a mat that large, sidings, crossings, roads, trails, etc. could be added as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like a widened version of the regular playmat, plus there's a Spiel des Jahres logo in the one corner. Shouldn't be too hard to photoshop the original a bit...

Anybody know if there's a file for the one with the road?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Szwanke
Poland
Ząbki
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
I saw oversized whole game, it was done by retailer using for the game promotions at conventions. So maybe this playmat is from that set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Stoltenberg

Tonganoxie
Kansas
msg tools
mbmb

I can photoshop almost anything as long as I can get some artwork to start with and know what dimensions the final needs to be. Looking for some feedback on what people would like to see in a final. It seems to me that the original didn't account for any future expansions, and now that stagecoaches is released, the marshal is coming, and the rumors of indians have been confirmed, I think it's time for an updated playmat that accounts for those things. Thoughts? Feeback? Foreseen problems?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
zachstoltenberg wrote:

I can photoshop almost anything as long as I can get some artwork to start with and know what dimensions the final needs to be. Looking for some feedback on what people would like to see in a final. It seems to me that the original didn't account for any future expansions, and now that stagecoaches is released, the marshal is coming, and the rumors of indians have been confirmed, I think it's time for an updated playmat that accounts for those things. Thoughts? Feeback? Foreseen problems?

That's another different one again!

I think I like the one in your post the best, I'd love a high quality one of that design that I could get printed somewhere - like the idea of having the road alongside for the stagecoach. It would need to be long enough to fit the entire train on.

Looking at the top image it actually looks like the best perspective is a bit screwy - the cacti in the bottom left hand corner are way to big in comparison to the tracks, mountains and farm house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zachstoltenberg wrote:

Not bad, but the resolution is nowhere near the original playmat when printed full size.

Hopefully a proper PnP version of the town mat will be released, but I doubt it will happen since Asmodee is using it for an Asmoplay promo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Stoltenberg

Tonganoxie
Kansas
msg tools
mbmb
Since I made this one, I uploaded it here in a very low resolution. The file I have is actually 18 x 72 in Photoshop at 150 pixels per inch. I was planning on setting them up for 12" x 18" prints so they could be pasted to foam core or the flip and fold blank game boards from Amazon (18" x 18") If I make it larger, say 22" x 88" It could still fold and fit in the original box, but it won't fit on most tables. Looking for that sweet spot somewhere in between before I spend the time in PS to do a final custom. I'd love to get my hands on the school house punch out or make a train station standee too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
zachstoltenberg wrote:
I'd love to get my hands on the school house punch out or make a train station standee too.

Thats where the scenery from Flick 'em Up! comes in handy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Stoltenberg

Tonganoxie
Kansas
msg tools
mbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:

Another game that's dying for a nice playmat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Sheremeto
Canada
flag msg tools
zachstoltenberg wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:

Another game that's dying for a nice playmat.

You would need to mount it under something clear though, since the hard table is important to the way the game plays.

I really like that first playmat linked above... I may have to take it too a printer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Stoltenberg

Tonganoxie
Kansas
msg tools
mbmb
amish_rabbi wrote:

I really like that first playmat linked above... I may have to take it too a printer

I will work on a Hi-Res version that's a bit larger but will still fold and fit in the box. Hopefully I have some time this weekend. What do you think about a "scaleable" game board, one that graphically looks like the original but has options to extend one end or both to lengthen the track for additional players or a larger play space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
zachstoltenberg wrote:
amish_rabbi wrote:

I will work on a Hi-Res version that's a bit larger but will still fold and fit in the box. Hopefully I have some time this weekend. What do you think about a "scaleable" game board, one that graphically looks like the original but has options to extend one end or both to lengthen the track for additional players or a larger play space?

That sounds good! Mine is in three pieces so if I have fewer players I just don't use all the pieces. I would say it would be nice to have the road alongside though, for those of us with the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amish_rabbi wrote:

If you can't get it printed easily/cheaply, let me know. I have a large format printer at home...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Sheremeto
Canada
flag msg tools
zachstoltenberg wrote:
amish_rabbi wrote:

Extendable would be cool, but if all you do is make it as big as needed it can simply be sectioned by whomever prints it just by cutting it in sections.

Thanks Stephanie, I have a drafting plotter at work I could use by I'm not sure it will give the best quality for artwork lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruton
United Kingdom
Bordon
Hampshire
flag msg tools
I used to fund my games purchases by juggling!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the promo poster which was initially given away at launch at Essen. The mousemat style official playmats should be on sale shortly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Stoltenberg

Tonganoxie
Kansas
msg tools
mbmb

So I have the original playmat enlarged and the track re-aligned. I've also added an "expansion" to the original mat to allow for longer trains or more players around the mat. Essentially, Panels 1,2,3 are the original mat just widened to allow for the addition of the road. A little more sand in the desert if you will. Panels 4,5,6 are designed to match up with the artwork between panels 2,3 so that it looks continuous but may or may not be used. If you have more players you can add the additional panels. Fewer players and you can drop back to the original mat. I'd like to add the road to both sets but am trying to keep the "town" portion in the expanded panels only. Panels are sized 11" x 22" and will fold in half to fit nicely in the original box.

I have great quality files for the original artwork, but have so far been unable to locate a decent quality file for the town print that I found on-line. I've tried unsuccessfully to sharpen these pixelated options with no real success. I may have to wait until I can find a good source to finish it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne-Cécile Lefebvre
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hello everybody,

The first picture in this thread is the tablecloth we (Ludonaute) use for cons and game events. It is not for sale, just for demos.
The picture with the school and the building next to the railroad is the playmat Asmodee North America made for the organized play.

We'll publish a new playmat (like mouse pad) that fits with all the expansions.It will be released in Essen Spiel'16 at the price of 18€ and will be available in Europe soon after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Prater
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ludo naute wrote:
Hello everybody,

The first picture in this thread is the tablecloth we (Ludonaute) use for cons and game events. It is not for sale, just for demos.
The picture with the school and the building next to the railroad is the playmat Asmodee North America made for the organized play.

We'll publish a new playmat (like mouse pad) that fits with all the expansions.It will be released in Essen Spiel'16 at the price of 18€ and will be available in Europe soon after that.

And hopefully America soon after that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
ludo naute wrote:

Awesome! Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.