Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Classy Andrew
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can a hex contain multiple terrain types and if so do they all apply? The map looks great but I am trying to ascertain if some features are for aesthetic or functional purposes.

For example all Forest hexes have a Woods background. Does that mean all Forests are also Woods (principally for combat chit effects)?

Current assumption - a hex is only one type plus possible town / Westwall.

Does a hex have to be predominantly of a type or does a small amount of terrain feature bleed count? This seems to happen most often with Forest edges. There is also a lot of Broken terrain along rivers in Woods / Forests.

Current assumption - feature bleed doesn't count. I am looking at the area around the center of the hex.

Clearly the descriptions for Towns and Westwall terrains points to other terrain being present. I am presuming they are exceptions as they are clearly called out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
2P rules wrote:
The map’s terrain and other key features are
identified in the map’s terrain key. The primary in-hex
terrain types are clear, broken, woods, forest and city.
Road, town and Westwall are terrain features that can
appear in the terrain types. The primary hexside terrain
feature is river.

FWIW I understand it to mean each hex has (exactly) one of the 5 terrain types (clear, broken, woods, forest and city) (and that whatever is graphically the most dominant/prevalent in a hex determines which of the 5 it is), and that hexes possibly also have road, town and westwall as additional features on top of their (single) primary terrain type.

(But I agree it's not clearly spelled out.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Classy Andrew
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
2P rules wrote:
The map’s terrain and other key features are
identified in the map’s terrain key. The primary in-hex
terrain types are clear, broken, woods, forest and city.
Road, town and Westwall are terrain features that can
appear in the terrain types. The primary hexside terrain
feature is river.

FWIW I understand it to mean each hex has (exactly) one of the 5 terrain types (clear, broken, woods, forest and city) (and that whatever is graphically the most dominant/prevalent in a hex determines which of the 5 it is), and that hexes possibly also have road, town and westwall as additional features on top of their (single) primary terrain type.

(But I agree it's not clearly spelled out.)

Excellent. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.