6,558 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
41.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, found LE used for a very good price, so even though I'm not that into deck builders I found myself being more and more concerned about theme and how it affects how much I like a game.

Gonna play this game with a friend on Thursday and since none of us (he is not very well versed in more complex board games) I was thinking of learning the rules and testing it out. But I'm thinking I might spoil it a bit? What do you think?

Also, what about sleeving. I have a bunch of FFG sleeves (63,5x88, correct size?) and I was thinking of doing it. There are two things, I like sleeved cards and I heard the card stock isn't the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Malachi
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no spoiler points in the game. Cards will come out differently each time which means you are facing a different challenge each time you play. I have over 40 plays of Alien & Predator under my belt now and I am consistently satisfied with the level of game-play. Being tied to the movies means that if you've seen them you won't have anything spoiled. Go ahead and play now. you won't ruin anything!

I sleeved mine (but I am an obsessive sleever especially with games where constant shuffling is a major factor like deck builders. I even went one further and used specific colors for specific decks. I used Lime Green for the alien/hive decks, black for the player/barracks decks, red for the wounds, etc. Makes for a nice presentation on the table ;P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that's the correct card size.

I would recommend learning the rules or the legendary mechanic, which is similar throughout all their games so watching any game video will be a big help.

It is also helpful to sort the cards before your game , are buying second hand? If so they may already be sorted. If it is a new game and you have never played a legendary UD game then I recommend finding a video on sorting the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mårten Cederholm
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapscallion_69 wrote:
There are no spoiler points in the game. Cards will come out differently each time which means you are facing a different challenge each time you play. I have over 40 plays of Alien & Predator under my belt now and I am consistently satisfied with the level of game-play. Being tied to the movies means that if you've seen them you won't have anything spoiled. Go ahead and play now. you won't ruin anything!

I sleeved mine (but I am an obsessive sleever especially with games where constant shuffling is a major factor like deck builders. I even went one further and used specific colors for specific decks. I used Lime Green for the alien/hive decks, black for the player/barracks decks, red for the wounds, etc. Makes for a nice presentation on the table ;P

Thanks for no spoiler thing . Just thinking it might be more fun to see the cards together for the first time. Will have to consider.

YES, YES and YES. I am also obsessive with sleeving, EVERYTHING .

usuba wrote:
Yes that's the correct card size.

I would recommend learning the rules or the legendary mechanic, which is similar throughout all their games so watching any game video will be a big help.

It is also helpful to sort the cards before your game , are buying second hand? If so they may already be sorted. If it is a new game and you have never played a legendary UD game then I recommend finding a video on sorting the cards.

I was lucky enough that the guy already sorted the stuff, he even returned it for a new copy since 5 cards were missing.

Thanks for the fast answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.