Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Cave
United States
Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
https://www.humblebundle.com/survive-this-bundle

Kind of sucks for those that paid the $7.50, but for a buck, no real reason not to try.

You must pay at least a dollar for a steam key, but I'm sure most of you will pay a little extra for charity.

Thanks to Truthd for the heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narkul wrote:

Kind of sucks for those that paid the $7.50, but for a buck, no real reason not to try.

You must pay at least a dollar for a steam key, but I'm sure most of you will pay a little extra for charity.

Anyone know anything about this? I watched the video which seemed like it was a well produced by kinda flashy dice roller. It has a whopping 1 vote on VGG for it, which is 6.

And I know it's only $1, and I'll probably get it anyway, but since my system that runs Steam right now is unavailable, trying to figure out if it's worth the effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harrison
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
For the uninformed, Tharsis isn't technically a board game but a turn-based strategy game. It seems to be rather poorly rated though. The rest of the bundle seems to be survival/open-world kind of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't feel bad paying $7.50 for it at all. I've played it a ton already.. it's well worth even full price, and I recommend anyone interested even throw in at least a couple bucks if you can afford it... great game and charity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coblackmagus wrote:
The rest of the bundle seems to be survival/open-world kind of stuff.

Yeah, usually the HB includes a few games that are similar. In this case, it looks like there are three completely identical games...

I'll give it a go based upon that recommendation. It's worth a couple of bucks for charity.

Although I had to laugh reading the description of Kholat -- we ALL know that at some point the narrator of the game has to die, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
California
flag msg tools
Narkul wrote:

If you bought it for $7.50 on Steam and you have less than 2 hours playtime, you can request a refund and then just rebuy it on Humble Bundle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cave
United States
Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
qwertastas wrote:
Narkul wrote:

If you bought it for $7.50 on Steam and you have less than 2 hours playtime, you can request a refund and then just rebuy it on Humble Bundle.

True, but I doubt too many BGG'ers were able to play less than 2 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Riverside
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone beats the average and doesn't want their copy of Space Engineers, I'll gladly take it off their hands whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i've bought the bundle for Tharsis only and must say i'm really glad i did.

many of the mediocre reviews on steam seem to be older, when tharsis did not feature several missions (which i'm playing now) and an easier mode (which i have not tried yet). it offers some tough strategic decisions, graphics are okay (completely sufficient) and once you get past the first difficulties (the tutorial does a good job, but you'll still have questions after it) chances are you will like this game very much (if you are a boardgamer and are not offended by RNG).

this thread on reddit gave me some good advice after my first two games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince G.
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you folks play it and like or dislike it, it would be nice if you gave it a rating over on the VGG side of this website - Tharsis.

(I really need to set up my own steam machine one of these days...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.