Just curious? Hoping it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think anyone here knows yet since the game is not out. My guess is that it is about the same weight. They probably put "das grosse kartenspiel" in the title to prevent pelple from thinking it is a light card came.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's roughly the same weight as Coal Baron, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Huether
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
They probably put "das grosse kartenspiel" in the title to prevent pelple from thinking it is a light card came.

No, that's not the reason. At Herner Spielewahnsinn someone at the booth of Eggertspiele told me it's simply the "grosse" because you need a lot of space on the table to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quasimone wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:
They probably put "das grosse kartenspiel" in the title to prevent pelple from thinking it is a light card came.

No, that's not the reason. At Herner Spielewahnsinn someone at the booth of Eggertspiele told me it's simply the "grosse" because you need a lot of space on the table to play it.

Interesting. If that's the case, then perhaps Ravensburger should have gone with Die Burgen von Burgund: Das grosse Kartenspiel as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes for gameplay reasons it also works for burgundy since it is quite heavy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
In all seriousness I am wondering if this version might be more complex and have deeper game play elements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juanlu Bermudez
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Garfielda wrote:
It's roughly the same weight as Coal Baron, yes.

That's fine. Coal Baron is a very nice game, but I like light games to come in smaller boxes and with less components. As the card version of Thebes has already demonstrated, sometime less is more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Frank
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Space, the final frontier...
badge
The sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace, where hydrogen is built into helium, at a temperature of millions of degrees.
mbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
In all seriousness I am wondering if this version might be more complex and have deeper game play elements.

Having played both, I would agree with Garfielda and say they are close to being the same weight.

Having to play exactly one more worker with the cards you have requires careful planning. There is no 'backup plan' like in the board game where you can send workers to the cafeteria for money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.