$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 134.37

7,842 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about human tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can humans have multiple of the same tokens In a battle? Example: Can I have 3 artillery tokens in a single battle?

If humans are 3rd player in a battle resolution (meaning they have tokens but no plastic units and two other players are battling in the region):

Do they get to choose if they are attacker or defender?

If so, when? Before or after attacker/defender places units?

Can they play battle cards?

If so, do they play last?

Can they win region majority and get 2 points and control?

If they can win region control do both other players surviving units retreat?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you activate the structure 3 times, or 3 adjacent Artillery in one Action (or any combo), then yes. They only score for killing though, not just presence.

If Artillery is the third party, you are neither attacker or defender. Cannot play cards. After Attrition is resolved for others, then you resolve.

Sorry, hit submit too soon.

If the Watchtower is in the Region, and the Humans are not the Attacker or Defender, yes, the Humans can take control of the Region IF neither party has 1 Unit in the Territory Control objective. They are not a defender, they do not win ties. This would award them the 2 points and the others would need to retreat.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another question about tokens. Are there component limitations?
Theoretically, the Humans could place more than 3 Artillery or Watchtower tokens, even in the same Battle. Are they limited to three? If there are three on the board, can they be voluntarily removed by the human player to olace them elsewhere?
Same goes for Buildings. Can you voluntarily remove them from a region to return them to your pool, to be able to build them in another region.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarod wrote:
I have another question about tokens. Are there component limitations?
Theoretically, the Humans could place more than 3 Artillery or Watchtower tokens, even in the same Battle. Are they limited to three? If there are three on the board, can they be voluntarily removed by the human player to olace them elsewhere?
Same goes for Buildings. Can you voluntarily remove them from a region to return them to your pool, to be able to build them in another region.



Structure and Skill tokens are limited to those included with the game. Units are limited to those included with the game.

Crystals, Control Tokens, Battle tokens = you put in a sub if you go past what we include.

If all 3 of your Watchtowers are out, for example, you can re-activate the Structure to move it to another legal position.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Does the same go for the actual buildings, or just for the activation
Markers?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarod wrote:
Thanks.

Does the same go for the actual buildings, or just for the activation
Markers?


All Structure tokens
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be on the safe side: all bombardment and "scouts" from the watchtower tokens are discarded after the battle (they come back to the reserve) right?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brunogaia wrote:
Just to be on the safe side: all tokens are discarded after the batle (they come back to the reserve) right?


After a Battle, Artillery and Watchtower tokens are returned to the Human player's reserve/pool/supply/tableau.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
brunogaia wrote:
Just to be on the safe side: all tokens are discarded after the batle (they come back to the reserve) right?


After a Battle, Artillery and Watchtower tokens are returned to the Human player's reserve/pool/supply/tableau.


Thanks mate that's how we played it but last game we started having a doubt and couldn't find the answer in the rules (but we didn't search hard)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I wanted to clarify... if I have already built structures and placed all of my tokens for that particular building, am I stuck in these regions for the rest of the game?

Is it possible to repeat the build structure action and move one of these structures to a different region...almost like I'm tearing down and rebuilding it somewhere else?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Sorry I wanted to clarify... if I have already built structures and placed all of my tokens for that particular building, am I stuck in these regions for the rest of the game?

Is it possible to repeat the build structure action and move one of these structures to a different region...almost like I'm tearing down and rebuilding it somewhere else?


You cannot move them. That is a perk for the Machines. It is not likely you will build all three and want to build more elsewhere. Just not a lot of time and space for that to be an issue.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
HerrohGrant wrote:
If you activate the structure 3 times, or 3 adjacent Artillery in one Action (or any combo), then yes. They only score for killing though, not just presence.

If Artillery is the third party, you are neither attacker or defender. Cannot play cards. After Attrition is resolved for others, then you resolve.

Sorry, hit submit too soon.

If the Watchtower is in the Region, and the Humans are not the Attacker or Defender, yes, the Humans can take control of the Region IF neither party has 1 Unit in the Territory Control objective. They are not a defender, they do not win ties. This would award them the 2 points and the others would need to retreat.


I don't think Humans can be 3rd party in a battle between two other species anymore.
Since the FAQ Artillery and Watchtower tokens only activate in war involving Human minis.

Q: What happens if Artillery or Watchtower tokens are in a combat between two other factions?
A: Nothing. Artillery and Watchtower tokens are only used in battles where Humans are present.

Unless I'm missing something....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, according to the designers statement from above, you are mistaken. You actually CAN "re-build" structures inna different region if you have no tokens left. In effect you voluntarily remove/destroy the structure.
There is still substantial difference to the
Machines default skill: It cost no icons or actions to move a structure as the Machines. At least not the first time each turn...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I readthe faq as well and it sounds to me like the rule was changd where humans watchtower and artillery cannot be used as a thrid party anymore.

Personally i think thats better because it eliminates a lot of questionable situations.

Ive only played one game so i dont know if theres any other situation where a faction can become third party in a battle. Maybe that clause should be removed from the game altogether?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HerrohGrant wrote:
shooshoo wrote:
Sorry I wanted to clarify... if I have already built structures and placed all of my tokens for that particular building, am I stuck in these regions for the rest of the game?

Is it possible to repeat the build structure action and move one of these structures to a different region...almost like I'm tearing down and rebuilding it somewhere else?


You cannot move them. That is a perk for the Machines. It is not likely you will build all three and want to build more elsewhere. Just not a lot of time and space for that to be an issue.


Ok, silly me, just realized that you are actually the designer
So to set this straight:
If all of your structure effect markers are on the board (like the artillery target) you can re-position them by re-activating the respective building via an action, paying the cost in icons, removing any of the appropriate markers from the board and placing it in another, legal location.
The same is NOT true for the actual building markers. If you build all of the available buildings of a type (and are not the machines) the buildings stay where they are for the rest of the game.

Correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grant was saying that if you wanted to reposition the effect markers from your structures you would have to do another build/activate action (e.g., play a card with a wrench symbol)

Same thing if you had all your structures already built. If you already have your 3 structures out on the board (usually its 3 structures per type) and you wanted to "move" a structure to another region. You can't actually move the structure. You would play another build/activate action as if you were going to build a 4th structure, but you remove one of the structures that's on the board and simply put it somewhere else.

In either case, you have to spend an action to play cards with the wrench symbol.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree with your statement on the effect tokens. Understood the same for actual buildings from an earlier post by Grant, but his last post, to me, sounds like the buildings cannot be rebuilt.
His final notion was "it is anyway unlikely, since you typically won't have the time to built 4 of a given structure...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarod wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
shooshoo wrote:
Sorry I wanted to clarify... if I have already built structures and placed all of my tokens for that particular building, am I stuck in these regions for the rest of the game?

Is it possible to repeat the build structure action and move one of these structures to a different region...almost like I'm tearing down and rebuilding it somewhere else?


You cannot move them. That is a perk for the Machines. It is not likely you will build all three and want to build more elsewhere. Just not a lot of time and space for that to be an issue.


Ok, silly me, just realized that you are actually the designer :)
So to set this straight:
If all of your structure effect markers are on the board (like the artillery target) you can re-position them by re-activating the respective building via an action, paying the cost in icons, removing any of the appropriate markers from the board and placing it in another, legal location.
The same is NOT true for the actual building markers. If you build all of the available buildings of a type (and are not the machines) the buildings stay where they are for the rest of the game.

Correct?


Thematically, Trogs aside, think of it as you're invading the planet and have only brought so many building materials with you, so you are limited in what you can build.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Di Mauro
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So two questions about human tokens:

A) you can move to others objective an artillery or watchtower token using them like normal units playing a card? (i dont think so)

B) what happened if an enemy control your previous region where you have still artillery or watchtower tokens inside(not structure) ?they should be removed?

C)I'm not able to place structure's tokens in occupied regions right?


Thx
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mhyk wrote:
So two questions about human tokens:

A) you can move to others objective an artillery or watchtower token using them like normal units playing a card? (i dont think so)

B) what happened if an enemy control your previous region where you have still artillery or watchtower tokens inside(not structure) ?they should be removed?

C)I'm not able to place structure's tokens in occupied regions right?


Thx


Tokens cannot be killed, captured, or modified by Tactics.

The tokens are removed when a battle involving Humans occurs.

You can place Artillery and Watchtower tokens in adjacent non-Battle Regions. Occupation is not a factor.

You can only build the structures to begin with in non-battle regions you control.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Di Mauro
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mm.. Are u sure that occupation is not a factor? So u can put token in an occupated region by enemy..? Strange..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grant is the designer of the game so I would say that his word is official

Besides that these questions were answered already in other discussions. The Humans are able to put their battle tokens for the artillery and watch tower into an adjacent region that has not yet gained a battle token. It doesn't matter whether there are enemy troops there or not.

Read the FAQ it will answer a lot of questions I promise It was really well written. So is the one I uploaded!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Di Mauro
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry!!!it make me feel a little stupid!I Was writing With the designer..... Anyway thanks I'll download the faq! Anyway great game Grant!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mhyk wrote:
Mm.. Are u sure that occupation is not a factor? So u can put token in an occupated region by enemy..? Strange..


If your enemy occupies it, you cannot control it, so yeah, I'm sure.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curious Fu
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
mb
Axiomystical wrote:
HerrohGrant wrote:
If you activate the structure 3 times, or 3 adjacent Artillery in one Action (or any combo), then yes. They only score for killing though, not just presence.

If Artillery is the third party, you are neither attacker or defender. Cannot play cards. After Attrition is resolved for others, then you resolve.

Sorry, hit submit too soon.

If the Watchtower is in the Region, and the Humans are not the Attacker or Defender, yes, the Humans can take control of the Region IF neither party has 1 Unit in the Territory Control objective. They are not a defender, they do not win ties. This would award them the 2 points and the others would need to retreat.


I don't think Humans can be 3rd party in a battle between two other species anymore.
Since the FAQ Artillery and Watchtower tokens only activate in war involving Human minis.

Q: What happens if Artillery or Watchtower tokens are in a combat between two other factions?
A: Nothing. Artillery and Watchtower tokens are only used in battles where Humans are present.

Unless I'm missing something....


Yes, I also thought the only thing that could influence a battle where human miniatures are not involved was the "Seek and Destroy" skill. The rule about artillery and watchtower tokens is on page 2 of the FAQ.

Should we disregard the FAQ and consider the comments here as correct?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.