GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 81.84

5,466 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34.4% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Jonathan Webb
Canada
flag msg tools
If a Persian chariot unit moves to shock attack 2 Macedonian phalanx units by placing both in the chariot's ZOC (essentially attacking the space between them), how does the Macedonian player go about rolling for pass through avoidance?

Does it require 2 die rolls, 1 for each unit? If so, what happens if 1 unit passes and 1 unit fails? Would the failing unit still take 1 cohesion hit for parting ranks? How would shock then proceed?

I am currently playing Tyrant, which has a lot of Carthaginian chariots, and I find they are very effective at disrupting the Syracusan line by attacking 2 phalanx units at same time at forcing them each to check TQ +1 for shock against chariots and then take a few more cohesion hits in the push-through before the chariot dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishi Wang
msg tools
If one passes and one fails, the one who passes will take 1 cohesion hit and the other guy will take a full shock--just like the chariot attacked it only.

Otherwise, I prefer to attack phalanx by flank, or to attack cavalry units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.