B-Sieged: Sons of the Abyss» Forums » General

Subject: Will there be a season 2? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leonard Leonardo
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As the title implies. Do you think CMON will have a kickstarter for a season 2? Or is it really a flop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine this is high on their list of stuff to expand. Who knows...maybe they feel like it already has enough content from the first Kickstarter.

I have no clue how it's doing at retail, but it certainly doesn't get talked about nearly as much as Arcadia Quest or Black Plague.

Still until CMON says it's done you never know what might happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Leonardo
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
True. I am hopeful though. Specially since the next kick starter is world of smog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anecdotally speaking, I know of a popular game shop that hasn't moved a single copy since release. Shame, the game is better than most give credit for, in my opinion (mind you it's not Arcadia Quest or Black Plague quality).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I kind of doubt it since the game hasn't really generated much positive buzz as a result of the reviews that went out without the errata for changing difficulty.

I think I have enough heroes. But if they added more enemies that can be mixed in with the decks that might be able to tempt me. A couple more bosses/Avatar would be great and simple way to change an entire game with just one large miniature.

If I ever really feel I need more content I'm willing to just make a fan expansion with some of the other tons of minis I have from CMON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope so.

This game is one of the best CMON ever published in my opinion (have to check out The Others though).

In comparison to Arcadia Quest or Black Plague - man, B-Sieged is so much better and intense. Love B-Sieged. Give us more!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cthulhu Hunter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was about the only game CMON didnt sell out of at GEN CON. The Kickstarter ran lackluster, and Tom Vasel's kiss of death review coupled with some serious rulebook errors and omissions have resulted in a lot of gamers dismissing it and poor sales. None of the 5 gaming stores in my surrounding area carry the game (granted, CMON retail editions are not as popular, but Zombicide, Black Plague, Arcadia Quest, and even Rum & Bones are each present in at least one of these stores.)

I don't think the likelihood of a 2nd season is high, which is a shame. I think a Rum & Bones type overall could fix some of the perceived flaws and disliked rules, and I would love to see more invaders and a cleaned up set of rules.

With games like Black Plague being at the top of the list for hot games CMON wants to make sequels to, and having seen a SMOG miniatures based board game and a Eastern themed reinvention of Blood Rage on display at GEN CON, I doubt they have the time or inclination to fix this game when they can just Kickstart something new and different without the negative buzz attatched that B-Sieged has earned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Garcin
France
Saint Ouen
Seine Saint Denis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Anecdotally speaking, I know of a popular game shop that hasn't moved a single copy since release. Shame, the game is better than most give credit for, in my opinion (mind you it's not Arcadia Quest or Black Plague quality).

Well I can understand this. Without the whole exclusive set that comes with the KS edition, it can become repetitive.

This one and Arcadia Quest 1 really suffers from thoses "ks exclusives" gameplay wise, when bought in retail. You really lose ton of heroes. (Zombicide: BP & co doesn't have the same issues because the gameplay is not that much different between a sorcerer and another sorcerer for example)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.