Old School Tactical» Forums » Rules

Subject: Elite Units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul O'Dette
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
The word 'Elite' does not appear in the rule book but does appear on counter cards with an * (such as SS Rifle) and in the "Rally Box" on the CRT reference sheet where it states "Elite +1 Rally".

Vehicle "to hit" section on the CRT reference card has a "Elite unit +1" entry on it. So as no tanks/guns appear to be elite, how is this used? Elite crew or SS Rifle manning a gun? SS Rifle using an AT weapon on a tank or SS Rifle type unit attacking the tank in Melee??

Elite also appears under Die Roll modifiers for Inf combat on the CRT reference sheet.

Can you explain the elite concept more clearly It causes some confusion in games.

For example, as the SS Rifle card says *Elite AND says *+1 Rally but another card says Elite but does not say +1 Rally, I had a player who made a good case that it gets +1 Rally for being Elite AND a +1 Rally because the card says +1 Rally.

Please advise. I'm sure you're working on updated rules for the new release, I hope these real world examples help in some way and I would like to know some thoughts before then if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamm
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elite units in the game represent units with, on average, better equipment, training and leadership.
Though some Elite units have their own specific counters such as the SS and Russian Guards, other times Elite status is listed in the Scenario special rules.
All of the vehicles and guns are portrayed in the standard colours, but they still may be listed as Elite in the scenario.

Elite units mostly are just granted a few DRMs for Rally, To Hit and Melee dice rolls.

Like you say,Elite units should get some identification in the rulebook.

The notes on the card are only reinforcing the idea used on the CRT modifiers, they are not cumulative with the modifiers on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul O'Dette
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thank you Jamm, very helpful. I may be back with more of these fine distinctions but your answers help solidify the rules in a very positive way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.