Giga-Robo!» Forums » General

Subject: Time up! (45 mins ago) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
We got it!

ALMOST hit the last stretch goal, too! Fell about $2000 short of the soundtrack, but we had a HUGE run getting every other target!

And from creators who weren't expecting to even hit thei $45,000 goal...

Amazing work from the creators, and thanks everyone involved for helping them reach over $87,000 of pledges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
I wouldn't be surprised we get the soundtrack anyway. We'd probably make up the difference on sleeves alone. Regardless, eagerly looking forward to the next Kickstarter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they can still offer it either by including pledge manager money or by doing some other sort of fund raiser I would be so hyped. I really wanted that soundtrack after I heard the campaign music. Then I looked at the stretched goal list and saw it all the way at the back. I had sort of made peace with the fact that we probably wouldn't get that far. Then we almost did! Really amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Cheng
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised we get the soundtrack anyway. We'd probably make up the difference on sleeves alone. Regardless, eagerly looking forward to the next Kickstarter!

Despite any of the numbers and stretch goals, there will still be a soundtrack coming. We're figuring out the final amount of tracks, but it'll be included for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jetjagaa wrote:
Despite any of the numbers and stretch goals, there will still be a soundtrack coming. We're figuring out the final amount of tracks, but it'll be included for everyone.

https://youtu.be/v84IxZHQ6wQ?t=10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex you are like a giant mechanized Santa Claus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jetjagaa wrote:
C3Gaming wrote:

You're too awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dowell
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
jetjagaa wrote:

You rock! That is awesome news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Cheng
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Y'all are very welcome! I'm working with Rhodrick Magsino (the composer of the theme for the Kickstarter video, and also the designer of Alewood) to figure out the specifics. I think the general idea is a theme per robot that also can act as backing tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Bronson

Kansas City
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex, I am not worthy. (low bow)

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Krindle
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex, that is some great news! I do have a question, though - how is the soundtrack being financed, given that the funding goal for it wasn't reached? "A theme per robot" sounds like maybe 4-6 tracks, rather than the original 15, so maybe the answer is that you're scaling it back in scope to reflect the limited funds? Just want to be sure you aren't overcommitting yourself...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Cheng
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, it wont be affecting the budget. I'm paying for it out of pocket, not through Cardboard Dynamo. Also Rhodrick is really excited to do it anyhow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Krindle
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I wondered if that might be it. Thanks for doing that - your obvious passion for this project is a big part of why I'm proud to be backing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.