4 Posts

Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » General

Subject: The Long Night Foam Insert v2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Merkle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my second attempt at a foam core insert for The Long Night.

Credit to The Esoteric Order of Gamers (http://www.orderofgamers.com) for their foam core plans for base Dead of Winter. Those plans were an inspiration for this design. The sheer quantity of components in The Long Night necessitated some modifications.

What's in the box?

The rules, of course!...

The game board is held in a foam slot, underneath the rules and locations.

Under the board, on the left, we have the angled card tray, with the cards sleeved in KMC Perfect Size sleeves. The new locations are suspended in the middle. Bandits and a token tray are on the right.

Under the new locations, we find the special zombies, survivors, dice, and zombies in trays.

I keep my tokens in a bag - it isn't terribly hard to find the token type you need. The different standees are in trays for easy placement around the board.

Thanks for looking! Any recommendations are certainly welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Juul Jacobsen
Denmark
København S
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Travis. Your insert motivated me to create one of my own, keeping your idea with the cards standing-up. I hope it is okay with you to post the pics and blueprints here so others thinking of making an insert can get all the inspiration in one place

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EmilJJ wrote:
Hi Travis. Your insert motivated me to create one of my own, keeping your idea with the cards standing-up. I hope it is okay with you to post the pics and blueprints here so others thinking of making an insert can get all the inspiration in one place

Looks great! Slanting the cards in my insert wasted some space, so I like how you were able to utilize the dimensions more effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdul Qureshi
Pakistan
Karachi
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Hello TradenMyr

I am really interested in making the design for my insert same as yours, do suppose you still have the dimensions you can share with me please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.