Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I haven't got round to playing with expansions yet. There is just so many of them, I don't know where to start.

I want to run a campaign with as many expansions used as possible to maximize exposure. Doubt I'll get many chances so figure this is the best way to go. I backed the kickstarter for all content (no pinups, never bought from the website etc)

So what would you all recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You need the Lion Knight for the Green Knight campaign as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Realistically if you want to complete armour sets you really can only have 3-4 different monsters unless you modify the rules a bit and make them easier to complete.

Assuming you have played the core game a decent amount and want to just use a load of expansions......

Replace lion with gorm.
Replace antelope with spidicules.
Replace kingsman with slenderman.
Add dung beetle knight.
Replace phoenix with sunstalker/dragon.
Add lion knight.

If you want it a bit harder, add manhunter as an extra nemesis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Benzy311 wrote:
So I haven't got round to playing with expansions yet. There is just so many of them, I don't know where to start.

I want to run a campaign with as many expansions used as possible to maximize exposure. Doubt I'll get many chances so figure this is the best way to go. I backed the kickstarter for all content (no pinups, never bought from the website etc)

If you want to run a new campaign I would suggest Dragon King (which is sold out). So that leaves you with Sunstalker. These are two separate campaigns that you can use as monsters as well.

If you want other expansions that enhance Child of the Lantern (main box game campaign) go with any of the others

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheEremite wrote:

Quick question: Where are the details on the "Green Knight campaign" found? I don't think my Green Knight Armor sprue has any instructions or anything with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
David, I believe he's referring to a campaign in which you set a personal goal of getting a full GK set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Dosher
msg tools
DavidT wrote:
TheEremite wrote:

Quick question: Where are the details on the "Green Knight campaign" found? I don't think my Green Knight Armor sprue has any instructions or anything with it.

I don't think it's in any rule book. I believe it's labeled that due to the fact that you need all those expansions to make a full set of the Green Knight Armor to acquire the set bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:

It's not easy at all to achieve, I had to New Game+ several times to manage it.

Through events like Clinging Mist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Styfen wrote:
TheEremite wrote:
Styfen wrote:
[q="DavidT"][q="TheEremite"]
It's not easy at all to achieve, I had to New Game+ several times to manage it.

Through events like Clinging Mist?

Yes and also...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Forcing the Phoenix to trigger Deja Vu with 25 Age tokens between all survivors. This is more reliable than hoping for Clinging Mist.

The second method is more dangerous as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Hostetler
United States
California
flag msg tools
Benzy311 wrote:

I want to run a campaign with as many expansions used as possible to maximize exposure.

First of all, I don't recommend this approach at all.

Benzy311 wrote:

That said, if you do go with that approach I have nothing but support for what other people in this thread have said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Edgeworth
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses everyone. I realise that playing with a lot of expansions is not ideal. But seeing as though I only get this game to the table once every other month, I really want to see as much content as possible. I don't mind if it is sub-optimal. I'm not playing this to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.