Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
Hello rain! I see you've met my parade.
badge
I believe gazing into the abyss to be a complete waste of time. There's plenty of things in the world more worthy of being gazed into.
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate when people to this. I own this version but all the discussions about the game is under the normal version entry.

Wouldn't a version there suffice instead of this?

Sorry for the rant, I simply can't understand why people need multiple entries for everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
+100 on this. Stop having entries for different editions of the same game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lundberg
Sweden
Skoghall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a policy from a few years back. BGG now thinks about data base entries as boxes, rather then games. It does not make sense at all, and the result will be a bloated data base which hinders both discussions and play logging - among other things.

For some reason they do not want to use versions for versions.

Everything that can be merged, should be merged; that is the only sane thing to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pachner
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When it contains more then 1 other database item, it's a compilation. Deal with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lundberg
Sweden
Skoghall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cuazzel wrote:
When it contains more then 1 other database item, it's a compilation. Deal with it.

Talking about things could be considered "dealing with it".

Compilations are fine, but if they hinder discussions something should be done about it. It also hinders play logging.

Also: what do I really own, if I own everything included in the compilation, but not the box itself? If I own the compilation, do I also own that which is included in it?

There might be some advantages to this system, but I fail to see them. They should use versions instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I love it. It lets me go right to a page to see what I'm missing by not getting in on the KS rather than comb the threads in the other one.

Then I go to the other one to discuss the game.

Tevildo wrote:

Compilations are fine, but if they hinder discussions something should be done about it. It also hinders play logging.

It hinders nothing. Nothing is stopping anyone from talking about the KS version at the more populated page; there's very little difference in the gameplay anyway. And logging plays is a waste of time, all things told.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.