Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two independent questions:

1) I was playing yesterday and my investigator had three health remaining, I was called upon to suffer 3 damage. Do I flip and resolve each damage before drawing the next card? Or do I take three cards, then flip and resolve each one?

The reason I ask is because the last card I chose told me to flip a horror and discard the damage card.

In the end I had only 6 damage remaining, not sure if I would have been wounded or is damage only counted when the card if chosen face up fully resolves

2) I have two investigators that have the same number for the same stat(each have 3 for observation) one of those investigators has a card that allows them to add 1 die to observation rolls. It asks to choose the investigator that has the lowest observation. Can I choose the one that allows him to add a die? Not sure if adding the die actually changes his stat or just makes him better at testing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mustardayonnaiz wrote:

In the end I had only 6 damage remaining, not sure if I would have been wounded or is damage only counted when the card if chosen face up fully resolves

I think that is correct- only if the damage "sticks" does it count against you.

mustardayonnaiz wrote:

I have two investigators that have the same number for the same stat(each have 3 for observation) one of those investigators has a card that allows them to add 1 die to observation rolls. It asks to choose the investigator that has the lowest observation. Can I choose the one that allows him to add a die? Not sure if adding the die actually changes his stat or just makes him better at testing.

This is a tie case, and you can choose. If the game wanted the character to be better at observation, it just would have increased the stat by one I'd imagine Plus you only get to use that ability once per round
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The item was like a cross or something and I don't remember a once per round restriction.

Thanks for your answers though, I agree with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Aaron on the damage issue. The rules reference states something to the effect of damage is suffered by drawing the top card off the damage deck. The singular indicates that 3 damage is resolved as three times 1 damage, and the rules for wounded states that you must have suffered a number of wounds, either face-up or face-down. Damage you discard after resolving are neither of those, and therefore can't count towards being wounded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.