Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I am not sure whether this is the right forum for this kind of idea, but here we go.
Oftentimes I am a bit disappointed by how young (not necessarily by age but new to boardgaming) users are hyping games that actually aren't that good (or innovative or special in any way). I understand that, if one doesn't know that many games or hasn't been in gaming for a significant amount of time, one probably just doesn't know what a very good rating should be reserved for.
Or to put it another way: I am more interested in the ratings of experienced users.
Now here is my question:
Is there a way that I can filter the ratings of BGG users so that I only get the data input of users with, let's say, 200+ games owned or rated?
That would be quite interesting.
Thanks
Stephan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
I see you have geekbuddies. You can look at what only they have to say.

Don't know how you use that function, but add geekbuddies whose ratings you trust, and let that be your filter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answer.
Yes, I am already using my geek buddies exactly that way.
I was just looking for an automated way, since adding 200+ long-timers to your geek buddies seems to be very arduous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekbuddies is a solution, but the longer you game the less interesting/relevant the rating system becomes. Currently I've got 137 games where my rating is at least 2 points different from BGG's rating and my highest ranked game barely makes BGG's top 200.

A better source for finding interesting games is imho looking at what games get mentioned in the forums by people who's taste you trust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.