Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last friday I played with the Nordic faction and had to retreat from the factory with two mechs. I choose to retreat to two different lake hexes (I had the ability unlocked ofcourse)Is that allowed? or must they retreat to the same lake hex? I can't find it in the rules......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On defeat in combat you have to retreat to your base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can retreat to different lakes with Seaworthy. It's noted under Seaworthy on page 16:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Yes, you can retreat to different lakes with Seaworthy. It's noted under Seaworthy on page 16:

Thanks Jamey, that's how we played it. Just wasn't sure how to interpret the rules. But the definition "lakes" makes sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little more readable:
Quote:
SEAWORTHY: Your character and mechs can move to and from lakes and retreat onto adjacent lakes (you may still also retreat those units to your home base). This allows for lake hexes to be treated the same as other territories for movement. If a mech transports workers onto a lake (during a Move action or when retreating) or if a character or mech transports resources onto a lake, you may not leave those workers or resources on the lake after moving off of it, nor may a worker move off of the lake without the assistance of the mech. Lakes are territories, so if two factions have a lake movement ability, it’s possible for combat to happen on a lake. You cannot build a structure or deploy a mech on a lake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lukeheineman99 wrote:
On defeat in combat you have to retreat to your base.

It seems the wording for the Seaworthy ability modifies that rule for the Nordic mechs, so that "retreat" doesn't need to be back to the home base if a lake is adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
If there are workers with your mechs/characters that lose a combat, are the workers allowed to stay with the mechs on the retreat to the lake(s), or do the workers have to go home because they don't have the Seaworthy ability while the mechs go to the lakes?

My initial impression was that the whole defeated army retreats as a group, but (a) that interpretation kind of breaks if they can retreat to separate lakes, and (b) on further thought it doesn't work out if a character+workers (but no mechs) gets defeated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:
If there are workers with your mechs/characters that lose a combat, are the workers allowed to stay with the mechs on the retreat to the lake(s), or do the workers have to go home because they don't have the Seaworthy ability while the mechs go to the lakes?

My initial impression was that the whole defeated army retreats as a group, but (a) that interpretation kind of breaks if they can retreat to separate lakes, and (b) on further thought it doesn't work out if a character+workers (but no mechs) gets defeated.

For (a), mechs can retreat with workers. The rules picture Jamey posted explicitly references this.

I don't think you're allowed to strand workers on a lake without a mech, so (b) does not apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
GAFBlizzard wrote:
For (a), mechs can retreat with workers. The rules picture Jamey posted explicitly references this.

I don't think you're allowed to strand workers on a lake without a mech, so (b) does not apply.

So it's more like....retreating mechs can drag workers with them as though they were moving. I guess I can't see anything that goes wrong with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:

So it's more like....retreating mechs can drag workers with them as though they were moving. I guess I can't see anything that goes wrong with that.

Pretty much. The mechs are sort of boats, so the workers jump onboard as they flee to the lake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hausig
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the retreat to lakes still happen if the loss resulted in a 6th star being placed?

This was the situation on the last game I played, with the combat taking place on the factory. If the Nordic faction's retreat happened before the game ended it would mean a three hex difference in the final tally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you read the example on page 23 (in the red box)there is retreat first before the star is placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.