Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: What is your favourite team? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Oytoyt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what are your favourite teams to play (including all expansions) and why? Each team has a different style and different balance of randomness so what team works for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orc's are my favourite team to play, even going back to the original game. They are a good bashy team, they don't have all the flare that some of the newer sets have but they are still very reliable and tough with just enough tricks to be able to handle most situations.

Goblin's are my second favourite team. They are just a chaotic mess that's all about taking chances and pushing it. You either win big or die hard.

Skaven, because they also have some good hitters but their real strength is in sprinting. Deck cycling in the later stages is so powerful that this team really shines. Plus they cheat and I love cheating teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Olson
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Skaven - They have the lowest total downed star power of any team, but they make up for it in the Sprint ability. I am partial to Star Players in general when deciding what payouts to go for, so the massive amount of Sprint makes this team perfect for my play style. Also, the Gutter Runner's Dodge ability is surprisingly powerful. With the enchanted footballs, this team is even more powerful.

2. Undead - Okay, so a lot of people think this team is a little broken as they are incredibly strong, and I'm not going to disagree they are a strong team. However, I still like playing with them specifically going for Team Upgrades as some of them are crazy good and thematically fun.

3. Goblins - Unlike the Undead, they have been called "too random" and/or "a weak team". However, no other race is thematically as fun as this team. They have so many different players that all do something unique to the game. I can't say that I often win when playing with them, but with the addition of Stadiums, they get a lot better (specifically the no tackle and Star Power of 2 or less stadiums). I really enjoy the Troll's throw teammate ability as well (both strategy and theme wise).

I don't enjoy the Orcs, Dwarfs, or Nurgle Rotters that much simply because they have zero Sprint. I find that this makes these teams especially swingy round to round with some rounds where you have to seriously cut your losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Grudgebearers (Dwarves) because everyone thinks they stink which makes it all the sweeter when I pound the "better" teams into fine powder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Gosport
flag msg tools
mb
Scottgun wrote:
The Grudgebearers (Dwarves) because everyone thinks they stink which makes it all the sweeter when I pound the "better" teams into fine powder.

They are much, much better than they are given credit for. Based purely on my own experience I find them to be one of the stronger teams as they exert huge influence in the game meta that translates into winning match-ups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jett Rink
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
elgin_j wrote:
Scottgun wrote:

They are much, much better than they are given credit for. Based purely on my own experience I find them to be one of the stronger teams as they exert huge influence in the game meta that translates into winning match-ups.

Agreed. They are not my favourite team, but my friend plays them often and does incredibly well with them.
I think all the teams are balanced pretty well.

My favourite team is Skaven, based mainly on the look of them. I like quick dodgy players.
I love the look of the goblins but I haven't managed to play as them yet. They seem so crazy and fun.

My least favourite is the Chaos Allstars. I don't think I have a reason. It's just blind prejudice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaos All Stars. Cheating, cheating and more cheating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another Skaven addict here! I like them for a combination of reasons: esthetics (...yeah, really!), theme (they are weak but sneaky), and mechanics (lots of pass and sprint skills, fantastic team upgrades like the one that lets you gain fans for losing, and the right amount of cheating)... they are just too much fun to play!

Next is probably Orcs, in "smashing mode", where I'll try to injury a lot of opponents and will probably end up losing horribly, also thanks to copious amount of cheating leading to many ejections (I am a magnet for whistles, sadly).

I think next I will focus on Humans to see if I find their ball shenanigans interesting.

I don't have the last expansion but from I'm reading I think I'd love the Goblins, too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaos Dwarves - I played them in Warhammer Fantasy, I played them in real Blood Bowl. The way they play is pretty amusing as well.

Skaven - Still one of my favorites. Decent strength, but great skills.

Nurgle - Throwing disease tokens around is a great way to deter an opponent from throwing down on certain matches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.