Subject: Cellar Tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike n Phyllis Snedeker
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming group can get quite literal with rules. If one builds a Cellar Tile, can they have three more tiles above it to create a "Third Floor"?

A Standard Roof Tile goes on top of a completed 3rd floor, but a cellar is underground, so the third tile built could arguably be the "2nd floor"...

Just wondering...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would tell them that if they can physically build the cellar a "floor"'s height beneath the game board (and thus also the table it's sitting on), then they can claim to have an extra floor.

So I'd say no, it doesn't count as an underground floor but as a ground floor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the rules allow for stacking four room tiles high, but that could be a cool variant for the cellars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the cellar is an "underground" expansion tile and is underground from a thematic perspective, mechanically it counts as a first floor building. Yes you can build above it, and yes you get a roof above the 3rd floor (tile).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.