Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Parish
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay so Wrath and at least one of the heroes has a special ability that uses the keyword teleport. The rules have two sentences to clarify Teleport stating that all movement rules are broken and addressing movie monsters away from heroes and heroes away from monsters. The wording of these abilities where they state things like one space away have been the point of munch contention in my groups. As I read Teleport breaks all movement rules I take it that you can move one figure from one space to any other space on the board but the abilities stating one space or one space away have people suggesting that you can only move them adjacent. What are your opinions? Sorry I don't have the exact wording I'm at work and the game is not directly in front of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If it says "Teleport them 1 space," which I believe is what you're asking about, you can--franky, teleport them 1 space away. It uses the term Teleport to clarify that the normal movement restrictions don't apply. The 1 space (or 2) away then limits the range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
If it says "Teleport them 1 space," which I believe is what you're asking about, you can--franky, teleport them 1 space away. It uses the term Teleport to clarify that the normal movement restrictions don't apply. The 1 space (or 2) away then limits the range.

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra Bertsch
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I believe that Teleport is also used to remove movement limitations like the monster is pinned so it cannot move. Heroes can use teleport to evade corruption and fire checks because they are not moving through the zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ebertsch82 wrote:
I believe that Teleport is also used to remove movement limitations like the monster is pinned so it cannot move. Heroes can use teleport to evade corruption and fire checks because they are not moving through the zone.

Exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nagati
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you teleport across a river?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Callistan wrote:
Can you teleport across a river?

Don't think so. The rules state "The empty spaces between these tiles are considered to be rivers, and therefore there’s no adjacency between the separate tiles." So it doesn't fulfil the "1 space away" condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nagati
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems to be a reasonable assessment. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.