Deep Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Chang Yuan: illustrator for Deep Madness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
倩 李
China
flag msg tools
mb
let's hear what he is going to say about himself, the game, and his creative experience:

'Hello everyone, my name is Chang Yuan, I am a concept artist ,currently living in Beijing. I have been working designing and developing games and movies for over ten years, worked on Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Holy King, Star Core etc.

Having worked a lot on the illustration and design of detailed objects in ordered spaces, I grew weary. Starting from 2013, I begin to dabble in Experimental art. Last year, I have learned about the Deep Madness project. Its unique world view and my artistic exploration clicked right away. I jumped in with these crazy guys with no hesitation.

Designing the concept arts for Deep Madness, I try to blend different spaces and dimensions into the frame. Taking organism, objects, air, liquid, even those mysterious dark matter, twisted, squashed, and blended together, disintegrated and reconstructed into a nightmare of madness oozing out of the image.

There are not any actual monsters, but life, death, pain, ignorance, fear, convoluted into a field, a conscience. So if you feel conflicted and confused about the space and structure inconsistency, do not fear, that is what we are trying to express here, out interpretation of chaos and madness.

Thank you for supporting Deep Madness, a really tremendous game. And the team behind it is awesome, they are dreamers (Y)'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Really loving the artwork we've seen so far. The tiles & the heroes/monsters are really fantastic.

Can't wait to see what characters we will get in the stretch goals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.