Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Highfill
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone in the U.S have a painted set they are willing to sell? I'd be willing to pay $100+ depending on quality, expansions, etc. Please send me a GM!

I'm also willing to make trades, if anyone prefers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Matt, there are numerous miniature painting services available all across the US, perhaps even a few in your own city. You just have to search for it. Might actually be easier than to find someone who's willing to part with their own painted set of minis.

Up here in the great white north I've met some painters charging as low as $5 per mini for a "table-ready" paint job, up to $20 per mini for a professional paint job.

With the large number of miniatures in Mice & Mystics, it can get pricey for a full set (including bad guys). And yes, if you're going to play with painted heroes then you may as well also paint the bad guys, otherwise the look would not be complete.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was considering offering to finish painting my set to sell to you, but:
A) My painting isn't really all that good.
and
B) I can barely finishing painting the stuff I PLAN to paint.

Best of luck finding it!

Out of curiosity, especially if you are planning on playing this with your kid, any reason for you and her not to paint this? Get a cheap paint set, don't worry too much about making errors - it can be a lot of fun, and (for me) a bad paint job you and your kid did together will be a lot better than a pro paint job that you just bought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Elliott
United States
West Harrison
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you try Ebay? Because I just found this on Ebay.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...ghtUAAOSwZVlXp0iN

[url]http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...ghtUAAOSwZVlXp0iN[/url]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Matt62702 wrote:
Anyone in the U.S have a painted set they are willing to sell? I'd be willing to pay $100+ depending on quality, expansions, etc. Please send me a GM!

I'm also willing to make trades, if anyone prefers!

Are you willing to pay $100 for the paint job, or for the whole game painted? The game itself costs nearly that, I don't know that you're going to find a decent paint job for that price.

I've got a set with the Glorm expansion painted up really nicely, if you're interested send me a message and we can talk.

I feel like $5/miniature is a good low end rate in general for painting. For a quick wash of color or very basic paint job, a lower price is probably fine, but I know that when I paint, it usually takes 1-3 hours per figure (depending on how nicely I get it). If you can find someone who can do it quickly at a good quality for a good price, don't ever let that person go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
That set on ebay, painted with free shipping, seems like a really good deal. The paint quality isn't pro, but they'll look nice on the table, and you'd be hard pressed to find anything better for the price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Currently working on Perdition's Mouth Board game content
badge
Imperial Assault - Imperial Player
mbmbmbmbmb
As suggested here, give it a try. You do not need to mix the colours yourself, you can buy the right tones. Start with roaches or rats as they are fairly easy to paint. You do not need expensive colours, however make sure to buy a good brushes. You need a small one, tiny one and even really really tiny brush. In my country they sell for about $3, colours $2 each.

You will be really surprised by the result. I considered myself to be pretty lame painter (art lessons was one of my most feared subject at school), but now I have my painted figures and even if my own paintings are far from professional, but my friends like them and after seeing them three of my friends started to paint their games as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Highfill
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand. However, looking at past sales on BGG, $100 seems to be about the going rate for a painted set. That said, I'm willing to pay more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
mrakomor wrote:
As suggested here, give it a try. You do not need to mix the colours yourself, you can buy the right tones. Start with roaches or rats as they are fairly easy to paint. You do not need expensive colours, however make sure to buy a good brushes. You need a small one, tiny one and even really really tiny brush. In my country they sell for about $3, colours $2 each.

You will be really surprised by the result. I considered myself to be pretty lame painter (art lessons was one of my most feared subject at school), but now I have my painted figures and even if my own paintings are far from professional, but my friends like them and after seeing them three of my friends started to paint their games as well.

As I've learned when talking to my friends about painting, some people just have no interest in it whatsoever, for a number of different reasons. Be it time, skill, patience, etc. I enjoy it, but lack any reliable babysitters, so I trade painting time for babysitting time with one of my friends. We both feel very happy with the arrangement, since he can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars for good painting, and I can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars for babysitting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now THAT's a worthwhile arrangement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Heath
msg tools
new user
I Agree , I havnt painted for many years so when I picked up this game I bought a set of cheap paints from amazon and gave it a go. results are not fantastic but they certainly add to the game - have posted a few pics in my gallery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.