3 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Nexus Kate Strategy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared M
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can I get some general advice on playing a Nexus Kate deck? What to look for in opening hand, when to run, when to hold back, etc?

I've only played Anarch, but I want to learn some shaper cards.

I feel like I'm playing this build a little slow and am getting ruined on Jinteki.

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/36943/turquoise-kate-4th...-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be able to help. First of all, the deck is a slower deck than most Anarch decks and pretty much has to be with a 8-cost console that requires additional support. Looking at your list, I would probably mulligan any hand that had 2 rabbit holes unless it had something great like Opus + modded. Other than that, I would mulligan pretty much any hand without Opus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Money, Magnum, or Fan Site. Remember, you're not getting Sunny's massive end-game drip econ with this deck in exchange for being able to get out the tech a wee bit faster.

Mimic will allow you to pressure a bit earlier I think. You need cash with this deck, and lots of it. Also - here's some changes I would make based on new cards:

The draw engine is good - but 4 credits on Earthrise hurts without Daily Casts backing it up. Look to the new Shaper Resource, Beth Chang. She is amazing. She gives you exactly what you need at the stage you need it in.
I think with Patron backing her up, you can free up multiple card slots and slot in some economy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.