Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: about playmats and ripoffs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
enrique aguilar
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i see some pic about a kickstarter for a playmat wtf is that difficult to do for you a playmat and get it printed? i will be doing some files for this game im planning to get the game since i play armada i make my own playmats with photoshop pretty easy stuff and people dont be naive with this stuff only if you wanna thrown your cash away, i think that in the usa there must be places to print vinyls for cheap and excuse my english here in my country a 4x4 vinyl playmat is around $10 and a 3x3 around 8 im talking about meters not feet and if someone needs something like a playmat and dont have the time or skills to do it send a message ill do it im tired of people ripping off another for something that is easy to do.ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it depends on what they are doing, there are different kinds of playmats and it may be they are planning on mass producing them.

Also we do not all have the skills, patience or high end expensive image manipulation software to produce our own so having someone else make them for us is great. I have the Galeforce Nine asteroids one and its fairly solid, but I am looking at a x-wing one due to the higher quality. For reference the 3x3 X-wing mat is about £40, thats 392.37 Quetzal (according to google).

Could you at least indicate what the kickstarter is and what kind of prices they are talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sirron Young
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure many of us would be interesting in knowing more. As in how much shipping would cost, the quality of the material that it is to be printed on and the imagery that will go on said material. If you could so enlighten us, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure if such a deal exists it would benefit many and many would like to participate.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1763437/star-trek-attack-wing

This is where the Kickstarter was mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enrique aguilar
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plus shipping its like adding 20 pounds more to get it here yup and the material that you say thats true there are different kinds of material to get it printed here on the print shops they give you different options to get it printed too.

well its just my opinion but i really think that is a ripoff to sell something way above the right price i know if you got the money go for it the point is that there are options out there.

here im talking of vinyl material
not with the best camera but this is vinyl the cheapest option that one cost me $9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enrique aguilar
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh sorry man im not selling anything i just could make the design for free if anyone wants something and its on your side to print it wherever you live im sure there must be printing shops near you here in guatemala city there are hundreds on the city i have one like 8 minutes walking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Print shops, yes. Print shops who could make something like a playmat? Perhaps not. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh. That kickstarter was nearly three years ago. I actually bought a couple myself. They were like $25-30 each, and the material and print quality are way better than anything else I've seen. Hardly a ripoff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's really a matter of what's available around you. If you have a print shop willing to make you mats, great. If not, there's always those people who have the connections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.