$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
43.9% of Goal | left

Support:

United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
Between my opponent and some in the media, uhhh, there has been this urgency to end this. You know, my husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of the June. We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it.

Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June, and it wasnt June when they said this.
I guess veiled threats at other candidates is practically the norm now right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
Re: I wonder who made a round about assaination comment about Obama in 2008?
Hillary doesn't use idle threats to make people go away, they just go away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And, guess what, like a normal decent politician, she apologized for the comment and described what she meant:

Quote:
Earlier today I was discussing the Democratic primary history and in the course of that discussion mentioned the campaigns that both my husband and Senator Kennedy waged in California in June 1992 and 1968 and I was referencing those to make the point that we have had nomination primary contests that go into June. That’s a historic fact. The Kennedys have been much on my mind the last days because of Senator Kennedy and I regret that if my referencing that moment of trauma for our entire nation, and particularly for the Kennedy family was in any way offensive. I certainly had no intention of that, whatsoever. My view is that we have to look to the past and to our leaders who have inspired us and give us a lot to live up to, and I’m honored to hold Senator Kennedy’s seat in the United States Senate from the state of New York and have the highest regard for the entire Kennedy family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Details here:
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/24796393/ns/politics-decision_08/t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
MWChapel wrote:

Uncomfortably true that....

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
xuzuthor wrote:
And, guess what, like a normal decent politician, she apologized for the comment and described what she meant:

Quote:
Earlier today I was discussing the Democratic primary history and in the course of that discussion mentioned the campaigns that both my husband and Senator Kennedy waged in California in June 1992 and 1968 and I was referencing those to make the point that we have had nomination primary contests that go into June. That’s a historic fact. The Kennedys have been much on my mind the last days because of Senator Kennedy and I regret that if my referencing that moment of trauma for our entire nation, and particularly for the Kennedy family was in any way offensive. I certainly had no intention of that, whatsoever. My view is that we have to look to the past and to our leaders who have inspired us and give us a lot to live up to, and I’m honored to hold Senator Kennedy’s seat in the United States Senate from the state of New York and have the highest regard for the entire Kennedy family.

As did Trump, but you guys kinda overlooked that in your breathless hype.

Her apology then is even less of one than her "no classified emails" apology....I suspect she was hoping to get him knocked out and that she'd be able to claim right wing radicals or something.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't imagine Trump issuing an apology within hours of something drawing attention - or apologizing for almost anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
xuzuthor wrote:

Quote:

As did Trump, but you guys kinda overlooked that in your breathless hype.

Her apology then is even less of one than her "no classified emails" apology....I suspect she was hoping to get him knocked out and that she'd be able to claim right wing radicals or something.

Ferret

I agree that it's not a great apology, but it's better than none or one wrapped in sarcasm or one given days later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
I read the original Hillary Clinton quote as kindly provided by The Dashi. It takes even more tortured logic to jiggle out an assassination threat from what she said than the left's logic in coming up with Trump's assassination threat against Clinton. Politicians aren't always clear (unlike the rest of us, right?) and sometimes when speaking off the cuff, they say stupid or unintelligible things (unlike the rest of us, right?)

Neither one of this has gotten my panties in a wad. Trump did come out later and explained what he said, which is good, and we have Hilly's apology. But my admonishment for Trump holds for Clinton as well: when you're the president, every word, every gesture, every silence will be parsed into sub-atomic particles by freaking everyone. Gotta be more careful when you open your pie hole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
As did Trump

No, he didn't apologize. He sent out campaign flunkies to claim that he actually meant "the NRA should apply political pressure to keep her from getting elected" - never mind that Trump, when he was speaking, was talking about after the election.

Hillary apologized - you can tell because she used the words "I regret." Trump didn't apologize for shit. He excused himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Trump did come out later and explained what he said

I forget which political journalist described the basic rule that when an explanation is given that a politician didn't mean what he said, he really meant something else, the explanation is always a lie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
"Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment," Trump said during a rally in North Carolina on Tuesday.

"By the way, and if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."
— NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) August 9, 2016

So the second amendment people can do something if she gets to pick her judges.

Breaking news: The secret service has had multiple meetings with Trump and Trump's staff about his comments.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/breaking-the-secret-service-h...

Ah to be a fly on the wall in those meetings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
I read the original Hillary Clinton quote as kindly provided by The Dashi. It takes even more tortured logic to jiggle out an assassination threat from what she said than the left's logic in coming up with Trump's assassination threat against Clinton. Politicians aren't always clear (unlike the rest of us, right?) and sometimes when speaking off the cuff, they say stupid or unintelligible things (unlike the rest of us, right?)

Hillary's is not so much an assassination threat as it is an assassination hope, especially considering the history of prominent black people in the United States catching bullets from Democrats opposed to their rising to power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xuzuthor wrote:
I can't imagine Trump issuing an apology within hours of something drawing attention - or apologizing for almost anything.

Why should he tone it down when he is winning?

Hmmmm, he is obviously not winning the race for the White House...so what exactly is the "winning" he is talking about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Quote:
Between my opponent and some in the media, uhhh, there has been this urgency to end this. You know, my husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of the June. We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it.

Someone needs to buy you both a dictionary and a thesaurus so you can understand the concepts of synonyms and analogies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Quote:

Except Donald used assassination as a political solution to a "threat" to the Second Amendment, while Hillary used the possibility as a reason to stay in the race. And she managed to apologize for what she said, something The Donald still has not managed to do.

Nice false equivalence there. All it really shows is that the rage boner you have for the Clintons is obviously draining the blood from your brain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Quote:

Except Donald used assassination as a political solution to a "threat" to the Second Amendment, while Hillary used the possibility as a reason to stay in the race. And she managed to apologize for what she said, something The Donald still has not managed to do.

Nice false equivalence there. All it really shows is that the rage boner you have for the Clintons is obviously draining the blood from your brain

I think Trump was meaning the second amendment people have such huge lobbyist power. But hey if the tyranny comes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Quote:

I think Trump was meaning the second amendment people have such huge lobbyist power. But hey if the tyranny comes...

Too bad the Donald was talking about after the election. But why let facts interrupt your idiocy. Because the last part of your statement is about a vile a stupid comment I have seen on these boards. Nothing like resorting to violence when you dont get your way at the polls eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diabolik771 wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Quote:

Fortunately, the secret service didn't take it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, she can really do no wrong with her supporters. The whole hive mind schtick is so eerily true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Wow, she can really do no wrong with her supporters. The whole hive mind schtick is so eerily true.

Is that comment in response to comments here or in one of the links?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xuzuthor wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

All of RSP man. If I saw a credible article that Hillary ate kittens I wouldn't bother posting it at this point because the Hive Mind would not care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got back from an alternate dimension where what Clinton said and Trump said were reversed. Weird that Democrats still defended Hillary and Repubs still defended Clinton.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
xuzuthor wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

All of RSP man. If I saw a credible article that Hillary ate kittens I wouldn't bother posting it at this point because the Hive Mind would not care.

If it was based on comments here, you should take your hyper-anti-clinton glasses off and read them again.

I am all for being critical of Clinton as long as Trump is held to the same standard. When you put their comments side by side (the list of extremely bad comments made), there is no contest about who makes them more often.

We've had a year of Trump in politics and he's racked them up at an incredible rate.

And, I do take those comments in context each time I read them.

People may not give her a pass, but they compare it to what Trump said and realize it wasn't as bad or as often. That is not the same thing as doing no wrong.

If you think it is, then you're in the same position as you claimed in the other direction - except instead of being in the "do no wrong", you're in the "do no right" category.

Edit: I split off comments that weren't directly replying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.