3 Posts

Tiny Epic Kingdoms» Forums » General

Subject: Why the extra VP in the Lost Kingdom? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Robbins

Massachusetts
msg tools
For the 2 player game in the 2nd edition, you get VP at the end of the game for regions in a 3rd territory called the Lost Kingdom you occupy, as well as for each neutral meeple you've defeated.

I was curious why these extra scoring mechanics and the Lost Kingdom were added in the 2 player game. I just can't quite get my mind around them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To make questing a more interesting option
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
mbmbmbmbmb
fdrpi wrote:
For the 2 player game in the 2nd edition, you get VP at the end of the game for regions in a 3rd territory called the Lost Kingdom you occupy, as well as for each neutral meeple you've defeated.

I was curious why these extra scoring mechanics and the Lost Kingdom were added in the 2 player game. I just can't quite get my mind around them.

Interesting question. I didn't realize they added this for the second edition.

My game is from the original kickstarter. While 90% of our games are 3+ players, in our 2P games, we've always just played the original rules which state that players get 1 VP at the end of the game for each region in the Lost Kingdom they occupy---doesn't matter how they get there, it's just the end scoring that matters. There is no point granted for killing the neutral meeple, per se. But if they added that rule, then I would think it was to encourage a more aggressive element toward the lost kingdom, and for the player to mitigate how much they want to spend/waste on war, particularly in a game that otherwise seems more-or-less a simple race to build the tower or up grade your magic.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.