Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me apologize in advance for asking something that must surely be squirreled away inside another thread, but a cursory glance through the forum didn't raise any hits.

I own the TMG version of Orleans. Would I have any issues using the DLP Invasion print? Is there any notable difference that should give me pause, or cause me to wait till TMG gets around to bringing it out (if they ever do)?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I own the TMG version of Orleans. Would I have any issues using the DLP Invasion print?

I own the TMG Orleans (non-deluxe) and the DLP Invasion and have no problems. On a separate note, I also got the 5-player DLP expansion, and that is a problem, as the chits are a smaller depth than the TMG ones, so I would not recommend that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Wells Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
W Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
I own the TMG version of Orleans. Would I have any issues using the DLP Invasion print? Is there any notable difference that should give me pause, or cause me to wait till TMG gets around to bringing it out (if they ever do)?

I also own the (deluxe) TMG version and the DLP version and there is no problem for me. The place tiles have a slightly different finish so you can tell when randomising them for solo scenarios, however it is only very slight.

I do believe the TMG version will be coming out quite soon. I think it was 'on the water' during GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the other way around? I own the original DLP release (via fun again at BGG.con several years ago) but will probably have easier access to the TMG expansion(s).

Any conflict there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lorphanpaibul
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ravenskana wrote:
Quote:
I own the TMG version of Orleans. Would I have any issues using the DLP Invasion print?

I own the TMG Orleans (non-deluxe) and the DLP Invasion and have no problems. On a separate note, I also got the 5-player DLP expansion, and that is a problem, as the chits are a smaller depth than the TMG ones, so I would not recommend that.

I got the Fan-Kit that have 5th player expansion, it came with two extra punch boards for follower chits, so I punch those out and used them for 5 player game until I get around to sticker all the Meeples in the Fan-Kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
I bought the fan kit and don't plan on applying the stickers. Instead, I just used a silver marker to place a dot to identify the starters pieces. I've seen too many worn and faded stickers from those with the KS version (which I also have).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.