Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the rulebook, and I'm watching the "how to play" videos, but I also thought I'd try solo games as a way to learn everything. So today I played the Knight. I screamed through an easy game since I found a bunch of crystal tiles right away. I got almost halfway through a medium game when I had to stop for time. I had only found 1 crystal tile by that point so I expect that game was going to be tight. It was quite fun! Hopefully I was doing everything right. It seems like you really want to forge ahead as much as possible to get that Grit score up.

I'll update this thread as I play the other roles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you find play with Monsters too easy I can make some suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight introduced my wife to the game. She played Knight, since it was the role I was most familiar with, and I tried Dragon.

I was confused at my total inability to deal damage to the Knight. The goal says I win if I escape or if I kill the Knight, but I don't see any way to do that. She could die via ambushes, I guess, but that's the Cave doing it, not me.

I thought for sure the Knight has to be in the same tile as the Dragon in order to use the bomb, but did not find anything in the rules which says this. Then I realized the bomb lets the Knight attack the Dragon and the rules for attack say you enter the same tile. These rules are TERSE! A faq will be so necessary. (I know you're working on one. Add something about bombing must be from the same tile.)

My wife took forever to get her Grit up.
I had bad luck on revealing event tiles to trigger Pride.

We needed to stop for bedtime, but we both had fun and can't wait to play again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A thing I missed on my first play through is that the crystal tiles are split between each of the the thirds in the tile deck. I pulled a ton of crystals at the beginning and thought it was super easy.

The knight has to be on the same tile as the dragon to use the bomb since she's dropping it through the floor to hit the Dragon. I believe that was answered in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.