Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Games I want to play on VASSAL: ASL, ASLSK, GMT CDG's I own
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I.e. is it traced from the unit back to the depot, or from the depot forwards to the unit. This matters if either end is in a marsh. It will probably not happen often, but I wish the rules were clearer on things like this. The rules should clearly state which way the LOC is traced. The rules are ambiguous on this, because they say "a unit has an LOC if it can trace 4 MPs to a friendly depot" and at the same time that "a depot projects an LOC 4 MPs from it's location". So which one is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no expert but it seems like basically all the other references in the rules, beyond those you quote, also talk about a unit/stack drawing LOC to things. So my suspicion is that it's all about measuring from the unit/stack onward. It's as if the sentence "A Depot projects an LOC 4 MPs from its location" is an unhelpful distraction from what was otherwise fairly clear.

Good question, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dauphinais
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trace LOC from the unit toward the ultimate source of supply.

For Strategic Road Movement, trace the LOC from the starting location to the ending location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Øivind Karlsrud
Norway
Bjørkelangen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answers. I don't suspect this problem will occur very often, since most hexes cost 1 MP in this game. Hex sides which cost extra don't make a difference in this case, since they must be traversed either way. It will only happen when one end (and not the other) is in a marsh and you are not following a road or railroad into it. But I'm just the kind of guy who needs to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.