Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Heiko!

Firstly, thank you for this little game of yours! I hope to craft it soon!

Secondly, the board - I love the look of it and because of the recent Polish translation of the game rules and faction cards has been uploaded, I thought that a map with localized text would perfectly supplement them. So I am wondering - is it possible for you to share with us a map with blank names? And is it possible to share the map as a single image (e.g. png), instead of a cropped one (the pdf)?

Lastly, some wording questions from the rules:
- Shipping Authority of the Spacing Guild says that you increase your Spice reserves when another player ships. And this gained Spice can be used only on future turns. I'm not sure what was the intention here but what happens when I'm allied with Bene Tleilax? We both shipped our troops, using all my Spice - so reading the rules literally, I get 1 Spice to my reserves for BT shipment to be used on a future turn and now I have 1 (just gained) Spice in my reserves (no other Spice available this turn). Can I use the "Gholas" ability this turn or not?
- alternative Face Dancers: what was the intention here? Do I decide which one to use once throughout the whole game or should I decide before each combat? E.g. I will decide to use the first one if I have some spare unused dice left and I decide to use the second one if I have some unused Spice left.
- to be sure: only Atreides and Spacing Guild have passive ally abilities (meaning they do their job out-of-turn even when that faction is not allied with the active player), while all the other factions have abilities that need to be triggered by the active player, right?
- Corrino ally ability: I think it was answered in some other past thread but only the part about "giving those to Ally" is really something that is shared with the active ally-player, right? I mean, when I'm allied with Corrino and don't use all my Spice this turn, does their reserve grow? I assume it's a no.

Thanks and kind regards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
You can find a link to an "unbroken" map in the file section.

If the Spacing Guild is the active player, they do all the shipping, even if they ship their Allies Troops, so no increase in reserves there.

I found both Face Dancers variants somewhat interesting. Just pick which one you want to use before the game.

Corrino's reserve may only grow at the end of their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answers!

I was out for a week and couldn't reply faster but would it be feasible for you to reupload the board with no names on it? It would be awesome to have the names localized!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.