Subject: Voluntary vs. Forced Corruption rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kalain
United States
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have just read the manual and this is not clear to me. It says you do not use forced corruption to mark abilities on the corruption track. So how do you distinguish the difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
When you take voluntary corruption or receive forced corruption you increase the track by 1.

The corruption benefits are NOT always in effect.

You only gain all benefits equal to and below your corruption track level (except those covered by wounds) on the turn that you take voluntary corruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your corruption bonuses are not constant. They are a one shot deal. You volunterily take corruption and you get the bonus for THAT ROLL ONLY. To get the bonus in the future you have to take more corruption. If you are forced to take corruption you still move the marker up but you don't get a bonus for any rolls.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only advantage you get from involuntary corruption is your bonuses stack up faster once you DO decide to take voluntary corruption. That really helps in taking down an Avatar.

Corruption management is one of the trickiest things to manage in this game. Too little, and you don't get to do as much damage. Too much, and you run the risk of dying as you don't have any more Corruption slots left to "soak" up corruption damage in a fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalain
United States
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replys. Got my first game in today and got crushed by lust. The corruption mechanic is critical no doubt! I thought it would be confusing at first, and even thought about painting some of the corruption tokens a different color to track forced vs. voluntary. However, after playing it was much more intuitive than it seemed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.